[SOLVED] Is this normal for my ethernet adapter? Any motherboards that have Killer ethernet controllers?

Yoiji

Honorable
Mar 29, 2018
So my Asus Rog Strix Z490e has this driver for its ethernet. Wondering if this is normal. Here is the gyazo for it: https://gyazo.com/616ef3a3c8361e5e0626600ee2a4bd20

Is that (2) suppose to be there? If not, how do I remove it?

Are there any motherboards that have Killer ethernet controllers? It seems only laptops have them. I am not really like the Intel ones since I keep getting disconnected while my brother seems fine. My brother also has much better ping then I do when we play games.

Solution
If I see killer on a motherboard it immediately goes on my do not buy list. They have a history of buggy drivers. Mostly this is related to their stupid "gamer" software. It can not affect traffic outside the machine so it has little purpose and it causes all kinds of strange issues.

Now Asus is doing the same think kinda with their motherboards that have intel chipset. At least that is just a program. You need to uninstall their idiot gamer first stuff if you installed it.

In addition to that mess almost all the 2.5g chipset from all the vendors are having driver issues. Mostly it is a matter of finding the newest driver from the chipset manufacture. In your case it might be only partially fixable. It depends on...
If I see killer on a motherboard it immediately goes on my do not buy list. They have a history of buggy drivers. Mostly this is related to their stupid "gamer" software. It can not affect traffic outside the machine so it has little purpose and it causes all kinds of strange issues.

Now Asus is doing the same think kinda with their motherboards that have intel chipset. At least that is just a program. You need to uninstall their idiot gamer first stuff if you installed it.

In addition to that mess almost all the 2.5g chipset from all the vendors are having driver issues. Mostly it is a matter of finding the newest driver from the chipset manufacture. In your case it might be only partially fixable. It depends on when the chipset was manufactures. Intel has some kind of hardware design flaw that can be only partially fixed via driers. Pretty much it is buy a new motherboard, but they seem to not want to pay people for their mistake.

In any case download the newest drivers from intel, do not use the microsoft ones or the motherboard ones. If this does not resolve it you might consider buying a PCIE 1gbit ethernet card. Not sure why there is so much issue with 2.5g. Then again the 10g stuff is about the same price as 2.5g and has been on the market for years so is extremely stable.

Solution

Yoiji

Honorable
Mar 29, 2018

In addition to that mess almost all the 2.5g chipset from all the vendors are having driver issues. Mostly it is a matter of finding the newest driver from the chipset manufacture. In your case it might be only partially fixable. It depends on when the chipset was manufactures. Intel has some kind of hardware design flaw that can be only partially fixed via driers. Pretty much it is buy a new motherboard, but they seem to not want to pay people for their mistake.

In any case download the newest drivers from intel, do not use the microsoft ones or the motherboard ones. If this does not resolve it you might consider buying a PCIE 1gbit ethernet card. Not sure why there is so much issue with 2.5g. Then again the 10g stuff is about the same price as 2.5g and has been on the market for years so is extremely stable.
@bill001g So is that (2) normal or not? I was lead to believe that there were 2 drivers instead of just one because I remember when I installed my wifi driver more than once it would create a 2 next to it