[SOLVED] is this normal on a 1000/100MBit connection

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 17, 2020
i have a 1000/100MBit connection but when i run a speed test i rarely break 600. everything works as intended but, I'm wondering why I'm paying for 1000 when i only get 3/5 the download speed that I'm paying for

i have a 1000/100MBit connection but when i run a speed test i rarely break 600. everything works as intended but, I'm wondering why I'm paying for 1000 when i only get 3/5 the download speed that I'm paying for
A. You only go as fast as the other end of the connection.

B. Read your contract. You'll see that they only guarantee "up to" the paid for level, not a guaranteed 24/7 level, unless you want to pay a much higher rate for a business level contract.

Sep 17, 2020
ok, but what does that mean? is the reason im only getting 600MBit download because of the speedtest site? or my provider?

I'm on wired connection. using yousee in denmark on a sagemcom fast 3890v3 modem.

ok, but what does that mean? is the reason im only getting 600MBit download because of the speedtest site? or my provider?

I'm on wired connection. using yousee in denmark on a sagemcom fast 3890v3 modem.
The site you are trying to reach for the speedtest can limit what you get. I've seen that here in the USA where I've connected to a small local ISP and gotten 200Mbit but going to a large ISP has gotten 500Mbit less than a minute after the first test.

Are you going directly from the modem into the PC or is the modem plugged into WiFi router and your PC plugged into the router?

Status
Not open for further replies.