[SOLVED] Is this normal or something wrong with my cpu??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 7, 2022
hello there, so as you can see in these images, in one of the images, i am stress testing my cpu (mobile cpu 9300h) using cpu-z to 100% and the temperature is almost always near 85° but while i game (f1 2021 in this case) the temps of the cpu always reaches so high, near 90° even with 70% usage, i tried with other games and it's not the problem with f1 2021 only, its same for all games, is this normal or i have some problem?

Also i have cleaned my laptop just last week,
Changed thermal paste to gelid gc extreme
Changed thermal pads on the vrms
Cleaned fans thoroughly
And seated everything properly,
Idle temps are good near 40°
While browsing web and while installing things(cpu at 50-60% usage) temps are near 60-65°

https://mega.nz/file/Yggg2QqK#ULrBmqTV2epBeucZnY7jWxT_3_NahPZogFVPU6AWHjc here's the link to the image
https://mega.nz/file/B9hD3a7S#iFd19mgFoUrZv4KpqK8ueOuu_EXdVsbozcSxaH3_WCk
Here's the link to the other image

Apr 7, 2022
Okay, so i have figured out the problem, since its a laptop cpu, and the laptop is a gaming laptop while gaming, both gpu and cpu get hot and the thing in gaming laptops is that their cooling is very bad, the heat pipes of both the gpu and cpu are connected together so they share heat so while gpu gets hot while gaming, the cpu does too with its own heat generated which increases overall temp more than 88-90° even while gaming at 50% usage

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Okay, so i have figured out the problem, since its a laptop cpu, and the laptop is a gaming laptop while gaming, both gpu and cpu get hot and the thing in gaming laptops is that their cooling is very bad, the heat pipes of both the gpu and cpu are connected together so they share heat so while gpu gets hot while gaming, the cpu does too with its own heat generated which increases overall temp more than 88-90° even while gaming at 50% usage
Exactly.
It would be more efficient if heatsinks were separated, but that costs more.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
It costs more for manufacturers to implement, and customers would want more and more affordable models... so they're going to cut corners somewhere to keep the price down - could be the cooling, single ram dimm included, poor display quality, etc.
Models with separated heatsinks are less and less common the lower the price is.

Reactions: Aegon_howard
I wouldn't call shared cooling systems an immediate sign of cutting corners. A lot of high-end gaming laptops have a shared design, if by shared their heatpipes go to the actual radiator fins. Razer Blade 17 uses what looks like a giant vapor chamber for both the CPU and GPU.

The real cost cutting measure is the whole "power sharing" thing, where the GPU and CPU have a power budget lower than their total TDP. My laptop for instance has a power budget of 100W between the two, but the CPU and GPU can get up to 120-130W total.

Reactions: Aegon_howard
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS