[SOLVED] Is this normal temps for ryzen 5 3600?

poorbugger

Distinguished
I recently finished building my rig with a ryzen 5 3600 with the id cooling zoomflow 240x aio mounted on it. The idle temps are aroun high 30s to 40ish. But load temps are mid 70s. Gaming temps are around 60C. Is this normal? I was expecting lower temps on it since i'm using an aio. Pretty sure i got the installation correct and my case has decent airflow too. It's tecware forge m with mesh front and 3 intake fans.

I was using a ryzen 5 2600 previously with a cheap air cooler and it was only getting 70C on load and 50C in games. Kinda disappointed with the temps result i'm getting no since this aio is like thrice the price of the cheap aircooler lol.

CPU idle at around 15C over room temperature. That's an approximation obviously.

If your room temp is 20C than idling in the high 30's it's not bad at all.

Ryzen 5000 is even hotter :)

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
that's about the same temps i see with my 3700x and i am cooling it with a 150w air cooler. temps are good but i can see where you would expect them to be better with the better cooling. idle temps prob won't get better but maybe a bit lower at game load would be nice for sure.

edit: you added your ambient temps are 30 degrees which would explain those temps pretty well. i'd not expect much better if the room is that warm already.

poorbugger

Distinguished
that's about the same temps i see with my 3700x and i am cooling it with a 150w air cooler. temps are good but i can see where you would expect them to be better with the better cooling. idle temps prob won't get better but maybe a bit lower at game load would be nice for sure.

edit: you added your ambient temps are 30 degrees which would explain those temps pretty well. i'd not expect much better if the room is that warm already.
30C room temp. That explain the 40C idle :)

Room temp of 14C to 16C here it's a fridge. 3900X idling at 29C to 33C with a voltage negative offset of -0.05V.
Thanks for the replies. I was about to reinstall my aio again since i've read that i need to tighten the screws really hard on the cooler.