Question Is this normal value in r7 2700?

diegomitsuoishii

Prominent
Nov 9, 2018
Hello, my PC sometimes won't turn on and then magically fix itself without doing anything. I have been checking the values of the last 5 days (working fine) but I don't know about it but that value is normal? isn't high in voltage? No OC.

CPU VDD (Node 0) Value: 1.288v Min: 0.300v Max: 3.100V

The rest voltages of VID are "normal" between 0.7 and 1.45v

• Ryzen 2700
  • AB350M Gigabyte DS3H
  • 2x8gb Ballistix Gray 3000mhz (2666mhz UC)
  • MSI RX 470 4gb
  • EVGA 600BR 80 plus bronze.

Thank you.

How are you checking the volts ?

In my experience flaky start up issues are usually PSU issues or a dead motherboard battery. I'd suggest unplugging and reconnecting all of your power supply connections and reseating your add in cards and memory. Make sure the power supply switch is in the OFF position and that you discharge your static by touching the metal frame of your case before working on the board.

Reactions: grimfox

diegomitsuoishii

Prominent
Nov 9, 2018
How are you checking the volts ?

In my experience flaky start up issues are usually PSU issues or a dead motherboard battery. I'd suggest unplugging and reconnecting all of your power supply connections and reseating your add in cards and memory. Make sure the power supply switch is in the OFF position and that you discharge your static by touching the metal frame of your case before working on the board.
Thank you for your answer. The thing isn't about flaky start up issues. Sometimes I turn off my PC and the next day the PC doesn't turn on, not signal of life, except for led from my headset. The buttom is okay, the PSU is also okay. So I guess it's a motherboard issue but its so randomly that I can't identify the real problem or where is the short.

Have you tested the PSU ? How do you know it's ok ?

Another thing to try is unplugging anything USB besides the keyboard and mouse...even though USB has been around for a while we still see defective USB devices causing weird behavior at times.

diegomitsuoishii

Prominent
Nov 9, 2018
Have you tested the PSU ? How do you know it's ok ?

Another thing to try is unplugging anything USB besides the keyboard and mouse...even though USB has been around for a while we still see defective USB devices causing weird behavior at times.

I prove the PSU in my other PC. I have a i7 4790 and PSU works fine, besides when my PC doesn't turn on, I proved with other well PSU and still doesn't turn on until I re-build the PC again (with both PSU of course). I guess the motherboard is failing or maybe the case is make it a short.