Is this normal?

ailos

Reputable
Jun 23, 2014
I checked event viewer today after I got a GPU kernel crash while playing battlefield 4 and I noticed some 2-4 warnings telling me "Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered." I'm basically just wondering if somethings wrong or if this happens sometimes (I got those warnings while playing battlefield 4 by the way), graphics cards are not overclocked past fabric and are not overheating. I should also add that I did not notice any stuttering while playing.

2x GTX 970's 1329@Mhz
EDIT: I was also having very consistent fps on ultra playing operation locker 100+fps at all times I believe.

Not normal, but there are several reasons that can cause the kernel error and crashes. Uninstall the graphics driver using DDU and then reinstall the latest driver from Nvidia. Make sure your other drivers are up to date also. Check the CPU and GPU temps by Alt/Tab'ing out of a game and use a program like MSI Afterburner. If the crashes continue, you might test another PSU in the system.

http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

ailos

Reputable
Jun 23, 2014

I've already reinstalled my drivers and that fixed problems I was having with Arma III causing the drivers to crash. My drivers are up to date and as I stated earlier my temps are fine and should not cause any trouble. I do not really have access to another power supply but my system is fairly new and I've got a little higher end PSU which makes me doubt that that's the problem.