Apr 1, 2016
Specs:
Case: NZXT h500i
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo: ROG STRIX X470-F
Cooling: cooler master MasterLiquid ML240R
Video: https://photos.app.goo.gl/9LrekBVGJhZD9Enr6

Hey everyone,

Me and a friend just installed my new AiO liquid cooling (my first ever) and I have some concerns..
We all know the Ryzen 7 3000x runs HOT, I'm getting idle temps between 38-42c, but it fluctuates ALOT... I decided to run a prime 95 test with the Smallest FFTs, and immediately shoots up to 88c then goes up to 91-92c. and stays there, I notice the fans run really fast, and but the radiator seems cool to the touch. When I feel the pumps, they are vibrating which indicates that water is flowing through them, but I'm wondering why my temps are shooting so high when I run Prime95 (is that normal?) and also why the radiator is not heating up.. I also notice a noise when the fans start to speed up, I don't know if this noise is the fan inside the radiator (if there is one? I'm not all too familiar with water cooling) but I posted a video, any help would be appreciated it.

0ot9xb5knjd31.png

KeithM1989

Honorable
Apr 1, 2016
That load temp is not normal. Did you remove the plastic cover from the base of the pump before installing? Where do you have the pump plugged into on the motherboard? Did you set the port you plugged the pump into to 100% in the BIOS?

the plastic cover has been removed, from the bottom and sides of the base. The pump is plugged into the AIO_PUMP on the motherboard, ...set the port to 100% in the BIOS? what do you mean?