Question Is this normal?

Dec 20, 2018
Dell S3220DGF 31.5 Inch VA, Anti-Glare, LED Edgelight System 2019 Curved Gaming Monitor (Black) 4 ms Response Time, QHD (2560 x 1440 AT 165 Hz, 2xHDMI I brought this recently and ive noticed a lot of lightbleed from the monitor after about a week of owning. The whole lower half of the screen is glowing when the screen is black. I can see light patches when gaming where it should be dark in black areas. Will this go away over time or is it best to send back? Any thoughts on this model? I quite like it and would prefer to keep as the picture is pretty good but not if theres glowing patches all over the screen. I would upload an image but how ? haha

Thanks

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Well, it does say it is edge lit. So some glow is to be expected.

If it is in the center of the screen and away from the edges, you can certainly send a picture to Dell and ask them.

Typically, you host the image on a website and provide a link. There is a sticky somewhere, let me track it down.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Okay, the sticky is a dead link, so that won't help.

imgur.com is typical. Upload your image there, it can be done anonymously as I recall, there will be links to embed them or just standard links. Either will work. Just don't lose track of them. If you create an account you will be able to look at all your uploaded images.