[SOLVED] Is this normal ?

Khalil4life

Reputable
Jun 7, 2020
So I'm using an MSI GTX 650 Ti Boost Twin Frozr III 2GB OC graphics card and it's working fine with no problem but its fans only spins when I'm playing a game and even then, they only spin for few seconds with little bit of noise then stop spinning, the game would still work fine and I got no issue but I'm worried that this cycle of spinning then stopping from time to time is a bad sign, is it normal for a graphics card to do that ?

So I'm using an MSI GTX 650 Ti Boost Twin Frozr III 2GB OC graphics card and it's working fine with no problem but its fans only spins when I'm playing a game and even then, they only spin for few seconds with little bit of noise then stop spinning, the game would still work fine and I got no issue but I'm worried that this cycle of spinning then stopping from time to time is a bad sign, is it normal for a graphics card to do that ?
Do they keep spinning when you do the gaming/heavy task ?
Some GPU have a fan feature, where they will spin when reach the temperature limit (for MSI is 60C).
This feature called "Zero Frozr feature" by MSI. in Gigabyte GPU, they called "3D Active feature".

Last edited:
Reactions: Khalil4life

Khalil4life

Reputable
Jun 7, 2020
Do they keep spinning when you do the gaming/heavy task ?
Some GPU have a fan feature, where they will spin when reach the temperature limit (for MSI is 60C).
This feature called "Zero Frozr feature" by MSI. in Gigabyte GPU, they called "3D Active feature".

They only spin when I'm playing a game and they spin for few seconds then stop then they do that again after few minutes.

I never heard about that feature, I guess that's what's my GPU is doing so hopefully I'm fine.