My Build:
TT Tower 900
i9 7900X
1080ti
64g Dominator RAM @3000 mhz
EK Xres 140 D5 pump combo
EK EVO Sup Nickel
EK 280 Rad

OK my loop is Pump/Res combo up to CPU block to Radiator back to Pump/Res.
Im wondering if the order is wrong, having trouble getting the loop filled.
Thanks!

JonPeyton

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2015
Well I filled the res with coolant but it only pumps it about halfway to the cpu block, basically the pump isnt emptying the reservoir so that I can add more.It seems weak. Ive read that these PWM pumps (EK d5s) unlike most PWM hardware wont go 100% when only connected to Molex power but only 40% or so .But of course other people say thats false...So Im trying to eliminate Loop Order as a culprit.
I know I must sound nuts lol, sorry just a bit frazzled.I try to post a video in the morning .Thank you!

OCD Tweaker

Reputable
Aug 19, 2015
is your lid on your on res?
are you using the jumper for your PSU instead of plugging it in to the MOBO?
you said it you bought the EK kit there should of been a special cable that came in the kit that you use its a test cable i don't remember what its called but i used it and it forced my pump to run 100%

JonPeyton

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2015
Yes bleeding it is what I am attempting but without full power to the pump it isn't possible.
I did have the lid off of the res while attempting to fill,I had placed it back on just for safety.
No Im sorry if I mis-spoke,I didnt buy a kit ,only separate EK parts.I do however have the jumper for the 24 pin PSU cable if that is what youre referring to and I use that to power the pump.(or try to power it..)
The 4 pin PWM fan header isnt plugged because there is no power to the board.However I did try attaching it to a PWM fan header on my other pc thinking that might help but with no results.
Thanks for all the replies,and the continued assistance!

JonPeyton

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2015

But if the jumper cap is on the 24 pin cable, I cant plug it into the board.

open