[SOLVED] Is this passmark 3D Score good for a 2080 super?

Jul 24, 2020
I only tested my GPU on 3D graphics and got a score of 21,330. I don't know if this number is trustworthy because it says im in the 98th percentile while im in the 91st on timespy and that seems kinda high but that might be because I only tested the GPU.

Solution
What does it matter? Scores are just that, scores. They are synthetic and don't reflect actual performance in any given game or application UNLESS you are so far off from the average for your device that it's clear something is wrong. And by that, I mean off by thousands of points.

If the game or games you are primarily worried about are not performing to the level that they should be, based on what others with the SAME hardware are seeing, THEN you might need to address something like the OS, or drivers, or cooling, or a potentially faulty card, but until then you are trying to worry about numbers that really don't reflect anything substantial or able to be normalized because everybody has different memory, different memory capacity...
What does it matter? Scores are just that, scores. They are synthetic and don't reflect actual performance in any given game or application UNLESS you are so far off from the average for your device that it's clear something is wrong. And by that, I mean off by thousands of points.

If the game or games you are primarily worried about are not performing to the level that they should be, based on what others with the SAME hardware are seeing, THEN you might need to address something like the OS, or drivers, or cooling, or a potentially faulty card, but until then you are trying to worry about numbers that really don't reflect anything substantial or able to be normalized because everybody has different memory, different memory capacity, different CPUs, different CLOCKED CPUs, different motherboards, different cooling arrangements, different storage access and performance, and so on, so there is no correlation really between person 1 getting X score and person 2 getting Y score.

If it's working for you the way it should, that's all that matters. If it's not, then it can be addressed.

Solution
Jul 24, 2020

If the game or games you are primarily worried about are not performing to the level that they should be, based on what others with the SAME hardware are seeing, THEN you might need to address something like the OS, or drivers, or cooling, or a potentially faulty card, but until then you are trying to worry about numbers that really don't reflect anything substantial or able to be normalized because everybody has different memory, different memory capacity, different CPUs, different CLOCKED CPUs, different motherboards, different cooling arrangements, different storage access and performance, and so on, so there is no correlation really between person 1 getting X score and person 2 getting Y score.

If it's working for you the way it should, that's all that matters. If it's not, then it can be addressed.
true thank you

To some degree, but some people try to live and die by these scores and the fact is that unless something is terribly OFF, they just don't mean that much. You can't compare apples to oranges and expect to end up with something meaningful.

Besides which, the average score on Passmark 3D for the 2080 Super is 19225, so your score of 21330 is well above the average anyhow and you shouldn't have anything to worry about. It is performing slightly above what should be expected as normal performance.

https://www.videocardbenchmark.net/gpu.php?gpu=GeForce+RTX+2080+SUPER

Latest posts