Question Is this pc any good?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Apr 2, 2019
personally I would say no. you get some decent core parts, filled with a bunch of unknown cheap brand parts for the mobo, ram, and psu.

A lot of vendors have the options to pay little by little as you say, for a better pc for similar price. If that is all that is holding you back, go with a vendor that will build the whole pc with quality parts of known brands.

Jun 11, 2019
personally I would say no. you get some decent core parts, filled with a bunch of unknown cheap brand parts for the mobo, ram, and psu.

A lot of vendors have the options to pay little by little as you say, for a better pc for similar price. If that is all that is holding you back, go with a vendor that will build the whole pc with quality parts of known brands.
What about this one

https://www.walmart.com/ip/CLX-SET-...20GB-SSD-Storage-MS-Windows-10-Home/875106230

Some guy in the reviews listed some parts I think

Ram is 2400mhz like the other one. Not a deal breaker, but not great.

The psu in this one may be even worse. I cant get a brand name (im on mobile and picture is blurry), but it says 500w, which is 50w below the reccomended minimum for an RTX2070 if memory serves.
A quality 500w would be fine, but thie one likely isnt quality.
120gb ssd is enough for windows, but id suggest 240 as a min.

Jun 11, 2019
Ram is 2400mhz like the other one. Not a deal breaker, but not great.

The psu in this one may be even worse. I cant get a brand name (im on mobile and picture is blurry), but it says 500w, which is 50w below the reccomended minimum for an RTX2070 if memory serves.
A quality 500w would be fine, but thie one likely isnt quality.
120gb ssd is enough for windows, but id suggest 240 as a min.
The psu is a thermaltake 700w some guy Found out what psu it was

Yes they both can very easily at 1080p or even higher
Maybe not for long once the warranty expires and the psu kills your very expensive rtx card.

Its something i see here on the forum all too often. "My gaming prebuilt smoked and wont turn on." Or "my gaming prebuilts gpu caught on fire"
I have heard both of those btw. 9/10 these prebuilts use really cheap power supplies that fail in ways above.

Jun 11, 2019
Yes they both can very easily at 1080p or even higher
Maybe not for long once the warranty expires and the psu kills your very expensive rtx card.

Its something i see here on the forum all too often. "My gaming prebuilt smoked and wont turn on." Or "my gaming prebuilts gpu caught on fire"
I have heard both of those btw. 9/10 these prebuilts use really cheap power supplies that fail in ways above.

Well do you recommend any other company that does prebuilts and allows monthly pays cause I don’t have the kind of cash to pay for my own custom pc

R_1

Expert
Ambassador
budget?
assuming standard ATX form factor
corsair CX-550M at the low end budget
corsair TX for medium budget
* EVGA G2/G3, *Seasonic Focus/Focus Pro, *Corsair RMx are a few top notch gold rated units.

according to the link its a standard ATX Chassis. do not skimp on a PSU get the best unit you can afford.
* indicates the ones I think you should seriously consider.

Jun 11, 2019
budget?
assuming standard ATX form factor
corsair CX-550M at the low end budget
corsair TX for medium budget
* EVGA G2/G3, *Seasonic Focus/Focus Pro, *Corsair RMx are a few top notch gold rated units.

according to the link its a standard ATX Chassis. do not skimp on a PSU get the best unit you can afford.
* indicates the ones I think you should seriously consider.

I have no budget for the PSU if you have any suggestions for the psi reply or msg me

R_1

Expert
Ambassador
not really. if say you install a 1000W unit and the system only need 445W at full throttle the PSU will provide the 445W as needed. the rated wattage is the maximum it can sustain, the closer to the limit the less efficient the unit runs.
550W should be more than enough for the specs in the system.

Reactions: Alex222112
Jun 11, 2019
not really. if say you install a 1000W unit and the system only need 445W at full throttle the PSU will provide the 445W as needed. the rated wattage is the maximum it can sustain, the closer to the limit the less efficient the unit runs.
550W should be more than enough for the specs in the system.

Alr man thanks a lot !

List the full specs of the prebuilt for other people!

As i stated in your previous thread, this psu is definately not a reliable power supply to run an RTX 2070 with. It is low quality an a risk to fail.
Gamdias is not a well know or trusted brand.

According to the list below, they have no experience with any good power supplies and all Gamdias units are reliably hazzards.

LTT PSU tier list 2019: https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1045610-new-psu-tier-list/
"Tier D (just don’t buy…)

Antec - Basiq VP-F, Basiq BP, Basiq VP
Bitfenix - BPA
Cooler Master - B2, Elite
Corsair - VS orange
Diablotek - all units
EVGA - 80 PLUS, Non Certified
Enermax - NaXn 82+, Revolution SFX
FSP - Raider Silver, Hexa
Fractal Design - Integra R2
Gamdias - All units
LEPA - MX-F1
MS-Tech - all units
Raidmax - all units
Rosewill - Hive-S, ARC (M)
Silverstone - Strider Essential
Tacens - all units
Thermaltake - LitePower, ToughPower, Smart series <750W, TR2
XFX - XT
Xilence - Performance C
Zalman - GS/GT"

Jun 11, 2019

As i stated in your previous thread, this psu is definately not a reliable power supply to run an RTX 2070 with. It is low quality an a risk to fail.

According to the list below, they have no experience with any good power supplies and all Gamdias units are reliably hazzards.

LTT PSU tier list 2019: https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1045610-new-psu-tier-list/

Bitfenix - BPA
Corsair - VS orange
Diablotek - all units
Gamdias - All units
LEPA - MX-F1
MS-Tech - all units
Raidmax - all units
Tacens - all units
XFX - XT
Xilence - Performance C
Zalman - GS/GT"

Bitfenix - BPA
Corsair - VS orange
Diablotek - all units
Gamdias - All units
LEPA - MX-F1
MS-Tech - all units
Raidmax - all units
Tacens - all units
XFX - XT
Xilence - Performance C
Zalman - GS/GT"

I know but I want to know if it’s really bad cause I don’t want to have to change the PSU and put a new one in and mess anything up on the PC

Apr 2, 2019
yes, its really that bad. I gave you a good build for $200 more with all quality parts, and much better money spent. its quotes it as 98$ a month. save yourself the headache in the long run.

Consumer awareness.

OK, I myself would like to know what Walmart does when your PC goes bad, 'cuz unlike Best Buy, they got no on-site diagnostic. I hazard to guess they will just refer you to some India tech support, then they may want you ship it back at your own expense? and turn-around, 4-6 weeks? Am just saying, u may pay attention to after sales service. Careful, it must say specifically SOLD BY WALMART, 'cuz Walmart lists merchandise by third party vendors and expect ZERO after sales support from third parties, and they tend to have a shorter return period than Walmart standard 90 days and even then I'd read the fine print if computer is one of the exemption items.

Reactions: NightHawkRMX