Reputable
May 21, 2014
Is this PC build compatible?

CPU: Intel i5-4670k
MOBO: MSI Z87-G45
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 2x4gb
PSU: RM750W 80+ Gold
PSU COOLER: Hyper 212 evo
GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce OC 4gb dition?

Cheers, also any improvements or is this a good build?

Solution

Looks good to me. To be honest for that set-up you probably don't need the 750W PSU (unless you plan to add an additional graphics card for SLI in the future?).

Improvements? Depends on what you want to do with your rig.

For up to 1600p screen resolution that should fly. If you've got a very high resolution screen (or you're interested in multi screen gaming) then stepping up the graphics card to a 780 or R9 290 might be worth a look.

Either motherboard should be fine. Personally I like ASUS motherboards but that's just a preference. You're buying a good quality board which is the main thing (allot of beginners will get a good cpu, good graphics card then buy a £40 budget board...)

ItsDaaniel

Reputable
May 21, 2014
ok cheers man, I'm getting 750w because it was only 30 dollars difference and i thought why not!, I'm wondering if you know if the hyper 212 evo will affect how i can place the ram, because i had the corsair vengeance andapprently they are really big? maybe a bit confusing?

ItsDaaniel

Reputable
May 21, 2014

do you also thing for the graphics card i should stay with the 4gb version or drop down too the 2gb version only 90 dollars difference?

If the price difference is minimal, get the extra memory- same with the PSU. It never hurts to have more than you need. Graphics ram is very important when you get to high resolutions and settings (it wont make the card faster, but it helps it maintain it's performance at higher resolutions whereas a 2gb card might run out and then the fps will just drop to unplayable levels).

The motherboard is full ATX so you should be ok for space with the cooler (the distance between the CPU and memory slots isn't going to be much bigger whatever board you use). If the ram is really big you might need to use the slots furthest away from the CPU, but as you're only using 2 slots that won't be a problem.

Solution

ItsDaaniel

Reputable
May 21, 2014

Thank you so much for the help!
Made me more confident about buying my build... Do you think pc case gear is a good website to purchase my build?

Hmm don't know that website. I'm not sure what country you're in, in the UK I personally buy from www.ebuyer.com as they're usually good prices for everything and give free shipping + they're fairly easy to deal with if there is a problem with something.

I think in USA everyone recommends newegg but it isn't available over here...

ItsDaaniel

Reputable
May 21, 2014

Ok, thanks again