[SOLVED] Is this PC build good? Should I make any changes?

bobbyboi

Prominent
Jan 4, 2021
CPU: Ryzen 5 1600 AF
MOBO: MSI B450M-A PRO MAX
RAM: Patriot Viper 4 Blackout (2x8GB) DDR4-3000
STORAGE: Western Digital Blue SN550 1TB M.2-2280 SSD
GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1660 Super 6GB
Case: Silverstone PS15
Power Supply: Cooler Master MasterWatt 550W 80+ Bronze

I've heard mixed thoughts on this power supply and was wondering if it would be sufficient enough for my PC build. Let me know any advice on how to improve my list. I was planning to build a PC around half a year ago but GPU prices weren't going down at all so I decided to just give up waiting and buy it now. If you have an improvement for this PC, please try not to increase the amount by a whole lot. I have a tight budget and I still have to include a 144hz monitor for my gaming.

Thanks, Cecil.

Solution
You should not be gaming on a Ryzen 1600 AF in 2021. The 1660 Super is a good card but you will be held back by CPU in that build.

I find MSI boards unstable and prone to early failure, particularly their AMD boards. I’d always recommend Asus or Gigabyte for motherboards.

For the same money you could find an i5 9400F and Asus Z390 motherboard and have a much better experience.
CPU: Ryzen 5 1600 AF
MOBO: MSI B450M-A PRO MAX
RAM: Patriot Viper 4 Blackout (2x8GB) DDR4-3000
STORAGE: Western Digital Blue SN550 1TB M.2-2280 SSD
GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1660 Super 6GB
Case: Silverstone PS15
Power Supply: Cooler Master MasterWatt 550W 80+ Bronze

I've heard mixed thoughts on this power supply and was wondering if it would be sufficient enough for my PC build. Let me know any advice on how to improve my list. I was planning to build a PC around half a year ago but GPU prices weren't going down at all so I decided to just give up waiting and buy it now. If you have an improvement for this PC, please try not to increase the amount by a whole lot. I have a tight budget and I still have to include a 144hz monitor for my gaming.

Thanks, Cecil.
That PSU is not as bad as it's tier would suggest, in any case it's quite adequate.

TommyTwoTone66

Prominent
BANNED
Apr 24, 2021
You should not be gaming on a Ryzen 1600 AF in 2021. The 1660 Super is a good card but you will be held back by CPU in that build.

I find MSI boards unstable and prone to early failure, particularly their AMD boards. I’d always recommend Asus or Gigabyte for motherboards.

For the same money you could find an i5 9400F and Asus Z390 motherboard and have a much better experience.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS