Question Is this PC Case compatible with the parts I've chosen?

Pcgolfer07

Prominent
Jul 31, 2019
Hi guys. I'm in the process of upgrading my decade old PC.

Here are my current specs - PSU Corsair CX 750 watts

- CPU Intel i7-4790k 4.00ghz

- Motherboard - Asus All series

- SSD Storage Samsung 840 EVO 120 GB

- GPU NVIDIA GeForce aGTX 1050 Ti

Here are the parts Id' like to upgrade - CPU - Intel® Core™ i9-10920X X-Series Processor

- PC Case

I haven't decided on a Motherboard yet but something that supports DDR4 obviously and the new CPU. The old motherboard only gets DDR3 support.

I would also upgrade the SSD to 2TB.

Is the new PC case able to support the parts I wanna upgrade? I know the motherboard is a huge deal so If there are any suggestions that would help me decide on a motherboard which is compatible, please do so. Overall is it okay so far or should I upgrade something else. My main use is heavy video editing and some light gaming. Any help is much appreciated.

taeioum

Respectable
Jan 27, 2019
The CPU is a 2066 socket CPU. Most motherboards will be ATX, but 2066 socket motherboards also tend to be EATX or XL-ATX size. The case you've picked (which brand I've never even heard of) only seems to support Micro ATX. So I don't think you'll have much luck finding a motherboard to fit in it.

My recommendation is to no save a couple of bucks on a case if you're going for a processor that costs hundreds of dollars if not one grand. Maybe find a case that supports ATX, EATX and XL-ATX and you'll be fine.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS