Is this pc enough to run far cry 5 on ultra and achieve 60 fps??

andreaskastet

Commendable
May 29, 2018
I also wonder if this is a good gaming pc for lots of gaming, wathing streams and youtube. (Surf) This is the pc:

Cooler Master Masterbox Lite 5 RGB

Palit GeForce GTX 1070 Dual 8GB GDDR5

16GB 2x 8GB HyperX DDR4 2600MHz

Intel Core i5-6600k 3.5GHz, turbo 3.9GHz

Noctua NH-U12P SE2 CPU cooler

ASUS Z170-P Socket-1151 motherboard

120gb Kingston SSDNow A400

1TB Seagate SV35.5 HDD

650W Corsair VS650 PSU

Windows 10 Pro x64

Will these specs run all the modern games (Especially far cry 5) at 144hz and 1080p? How much fps will I be able to get on ultra settings. Tell me the fps I will achieve in other games too
Also give me feedback and tips of what I should upgrade in my pc next. I appreciate every answer. :)

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
Potentially....

https://youtu.be/nPjugjdOErU?t=196

The 1070 can certainly do 1080p/Ultra/60FPS (~100% utilization on the GPU)..... but FC5 can (somewhat) utilization additional cores/threads.

You may fine the quad-core nature of the 6600K could limit you a little bit........... but you should be able to run Ultra at reasonable framerates...

As for "watching streams" or "youtube" etc, provided you're not looking to multi-task those things AND game at the same time, it should be pretty good, yes.

The VS650 (poor quality) and the 120GB SSD (a bit small, will need some decent time managing space) would be the weaker points.

andreaskastet

Commendable
May 29, 2018
ok. So if i upgrade the 6600k to an i7 8700k and upgrade the psu.(whitch one) and maybe getting a better and bigger sdd, will it be a big difference? But it will take some time to save money for those, So do you think the pc will be good enough until then?

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
You cannot upgrade from the 6600K to 8700K without also replacing the motherboard.

You could look to a 6700K/7700K or non-K variants of either.

The PSU will certainly be "good enough" initially.
Test it out, monitor your CPU usage - if you're seeing you're hitting 100% CPU usage and the GPU isn't really breaking a sweat, then upgrade the CPU at that time.

As for a PSU..... depending on how old the VS unit is, you could *probably* run it for a while.
For upgrades though, that'll entirely depend on your budget/location.

Do you currently own this system? Or are you looking to purchase it?

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
How "cheap" ? And where are you located?

Quite possibly, but I'd think Ultra might be a bit of a stretch.
Exclusively gaming, High 60FPS should be completely doable.

andreaskastet

Commendable
May 29, 2018
I live in norway. We dont use dollars here but i convertet from norwegian money to dollars: 1312.50 dollars. I dont know if its completely accurate but something like 1300 dollars. :) Your thoughts?

Barty1884

Retired Moderator

andreaskastet

Commendable
May 29, 2018
i think will just use the pc for a while and save money to upgrade it later. It has to be good enough for far cry 5, fortnite, black squad and forza horizon 3 and maybe raft. And just watching yt and twitch..

I play Far Cry 5 a lot on my system in my sig, enjoying it a lot, beat the game, reset the Outposts a few times, playing Arcade and Hours Of Darkness DLC a few times already.

All you really need is to replace the PSU with a quality unit like a Seasonic Focus and upgrade to an i7 7700K and you would be VERY close.

I play on Ultra Settings and it's smooth as glass, although I have a GTX 1080.