[SOLVED] Is this PC good enough for what I want?

checott

Prominent
Dec 26, 2019
Hi all

I’m looking to purchase a gaming computer at the end of this month. At the moment I mostly play games when I can, I’m a full time uni student so it would be needed for work as well (mostly games however) so I’m assuming a good computer would be useful for this as well. Currently I am mostly playing games like the Sims 4 and just storytelling ones like TellTale, however I am looking at purchasing games like Planet Zoo etc soon, obviously on the best settings I can (preferably high settings, Ive been using crappy laptops all my life and finally want to treat myself). In regards to my uni work, I just need to use basic word processing tools and photoshop. Will this computer handle my requirements? I understand it may be too much for what I want (or if it’s too little, let me know) but I would rather have too much the too little? If that makes sense?

Some worth mentioning is that I can’t and will not build a computer as I am inexperienced and will not be able to do it. I want to purchase something already built.

Also does it have a USB port? I’m quite inexperienced with this kind of thing and I can’t see any mention of a USB port.

If you have any other suggestions let me know, my current price range is 2.5K.

The one I am looking at can be found at this link here:
https://www.pccasegear.com/products/48969/pccg-ghost-2070-super-gaming-system

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution
Too expensive for what your getting, I'd recommend building a system yourself. As for the games you play the system would play those fine but the price is just too high. The 3700X would probably be better for your Photoshop work due to the extra threads.

Better performing system with a beast of a monitor. Disregard the error message on PCPer, the motherboard ships with Ryzen 3700X support so it will work out of the box.

Edit: Noticed this is in AU and saw your other post stating you don't want to build it. I would recommend this build instead as it has plenty of gaming performance for your needs and the extra threads for Photoshop....

WildCard999

Titan
Too expensive for what your getting, I'd recommend building a system yourself. As for the games you play the system would play those fine but the price is just too high. The 3700X would probably be better for your Photoshop work due to the extra threads.

Better performing system with a beast of a monitor. Disregard the error message on PCPer, the motherboard ships with Ryzen 3700X support so it will work out of the box.

Edit: Noticed this is in AU and saw your other post stating you don't want to build it. I would recommend this build instead as it has plenty of gaming performance for your needs and the extra threads for Photoshop.

https://www.pccasegear.com/products/49093/pccg-arcane-2070-super-gaming-system

Last edited:
Solution

Aayden98

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2015
Hi all

I’m looking to purchase a gaming computer at the end of this month. At the moment I mostly play games when I can, I’m a full time uni student so it would be needed for work as well (mostly games however) so I’m assuming a good computer would be useful for this as well. Currently I am mostly playing games like the Sims 4 and just storytelling ones like TellTale, however I am looking at purchasing games like Planet Zoo etc soon, obviously on the best settings I can (preferably high settings, Ive been using crappy laptops all my life and finally want to treat myself). In regards to my uni work, I just need to use basic word processing tools and photoshop. Will this computer handle my requirements? I understand it may be too much for what I want (or if it’s too little, let me know) but I would rather have too much the too little? If that makes sense?

Some worth mentioning is that I can’t and will not build a computer as I am inexperienced and will not be able to do it. I want to purchase something already built.

Also does it have a USB port? I’m quite inexperienced with this kind of thing and I can’t see any mention of a USB port.

If you have any other suggestions let me know, my current price range is 2.5K.

The one I am looking at can be found at this link here:
https://www.pccasegear.com/products/48969/pccg-ghost-2070-super-gaming-system
Hey mate, PC Case Gear is probably your best bet for a decent pc, however i'd recommend going for one of their custom built options. The motherboard for that 2070 super system isn't the greatest (I own the same one), and that ram is 3600mhz which won't even be fully utilized as the motherboard only supports up to 2666mhz. Here's one I put together that has a better motherboard and larger power supply:

https://www.pccasegear.com/wish_lists/1036896

Reactions: Phaaze88
Agreed, that's waaay more power than you need for this. Are you comfortable building something yourself? You'll get the best price/performance that way.

If not, the $1299 system with i5-9400f and 1650 GPU would do the job nicely. The $1749 system with Ryzen 3 and 1660Ti would be more than enough performance IMO.

Aayden98

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2015
Agreed, that's waaay more power than you need for this. Are you comfortable building something yourself? You'll get the best price/performance that way.

If not, the $1299 system with i5-9400f and 1650 GPU would do the job nicely. The $1749 system with Ryzen 3 and 1660Ti would be more than enough performance IMO.
I agree with this guy ^^^
The sims 4 will run on max settings even on older gpus and the telltale games aren't demanding either. If you plan on playing any other more demanding games in the future though i'd recommend going with a system with some better specs