[SOLVED] is this pc good?

moooshrooms

Commendable
Jun 27, 2021
i’m currently looking for a budget prebuilt pc because building a pc is not an option right now, the pc i’m looking at for now is a “ibuypower arcb 108av2 gaming desktop computer” but i’m a little concerned about how it’ll run the games i play.

that being said, does anybody know how these games would run on it?
Minecraft
fallout 3, fallout 4, fallout new vegas
Detroit become human
little nightmares 1 and 2
life is strange
etc.

do they run good? should i look at a different pc? please help

Solution
Fallout 4 will run very poorly. So will Detroit: Become Human.

Other games will only run because they're a decade old or even older. This is not a gaming PC.

Basically, the GPU is equivalent to an entry-level gaming GPU from 2010. Quite literally; its performance is on par with a GT 430, an entry-level GPU released in 2010 for $79.

The CPU is quite a bit better -- this is pretty much a solid office PC -- but that won't bail you out with anything that needs a gaming GPU made int he last decade.

The GPU shortage has increased the justification for buying a pre-built, but since this one doesn't have one of those hard-to-get actual gaming GPUs, there's certainly no reason to buy it anywhere near the $600 asking price.

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant

Other games will only run because they're a decade old or even older. This is not a gaming PC.

Basically, the GPU is equivalent to an entry-level gaming GPU from 2010. Quite literally; its performance is on par with a GT 430, an entry-level GPU released in 2010 for $79.

The CPU is quite a bit better -- this is pretty much a solid office PC -- but that won't bail you out with anything that needs a gaming GPU made int he last decade.

The GPU shortage has increased the justification for buying a pre-built, but since this one doesn't have one of those hard-to-get actual gaming GPUs, there's certainly no reason to buy it anywhere near the $600 asking price.

Reactions: moooshrooms
Solution

Bassman999

Prominent
Feb 27, 2021
If you are only getting a PC for gaming and nothing else and that is your budget i might suggest a PS or Xbox X. They are hard but not impossible to source.
Discord has many resources to notify of drops. I have gotten 2 xboxes and 1 ps5 there as well as GPUs.

You will need at MINIMUM a 1050ti to play any real games at low to medium settings at 1080p or 720p/
A gtx 1650 would ne my choice for the lowest budget card to buy and it will play most games 1080p in low settings

moooshrooms

Commendable
Jun 27, 2021

thank you, do you have any recommendations then? the other pc i was looking at was the hp pavilion r5 1650, is that one any better ?