Question Is this pc good ?

Oct 15, 2024
Would this pc be good for gaming, and I mean like really good not just average ?
  • RTX 4070 Super ASUS TUF
  • 14600k Intel CPU
  • 32GB 5600mhz RAM
  • MSI Pro 2790 A MAX WiFi motherboard
  • 1TB M.2 SSD
  • NZXT Kraken 360 AlO
  • NZXT Elite Flow Case
  • 850w Corsair Gold Rated Modular PSU

Does that list represent an assembled pre-built PC?

Or is it just a list of parts that you intend to put together yourself?

I would guess it is a pre-built. If it is, are you unwilling to build a PC yourself?

What does it cost and can you spend more than that to get a "really good" gaming PC?

Oct 15, 2024
Does that list represent an assembled pre-built PC?

Or is it just a list of parts that you intend to put together yourself?

What does all of that cost and can you spend more than that to get a "really good" gaming PC?
I think it is a custom build that someone has already made, so current state is already built. He’s charging £1100

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
4070 Super is the start of the high end GPUs. Comfortably allows 1440p gaming in most titles at reasonably high settings. It is not a good 4K choice though. 4070 Ti Super is the minimum there, or 4080 Super / 4090.

i5-14600K is a decent gaming CPU. High clock speeds for older single threaded titles, and adequate multi-threaded performance for general gaming and multiplayer titles.

2x16GB would be the ideal configuration for 32GB of memory. 5600 is a decent speed, but the cas latency is not listed, should be 28/30/32 at the minimum. If it is like 40-46 then it is fairly low spec memory.

CPU cooler is overkill, but it matches the case, so that is alright if it is the look you are going for.

I don't think Corsair makes any particularly bad 850W PSUs, but it would be good to have the exact model.

Oct 15, 2024
4070 Super is the start of the high end GPUs. Comfortably allows 1440p gaming in most titles at reasonably high settings. It is not a good 4K choice though. 4070 Ti Super is the minimum there, or 4080 Super / 4090.

i5-14600K is a decent gaming CPU. High clock speeds for older single threaded titles, and adequate multi-threaded performance for general gaming and multiplayer titles.

2x16GB would be the ideal configuration for 32GB of memory. 5600 is a decent speed, but the cas latency is not listed, should be 28/30/32 at the minimum. If it is like 40-46 then it is fairly low spec memory.

CPU cooler is overkill, but it matches the case, so that is alright if it is the look you are going for.

I don't think Corsair makes any particularly bad 850W PSUs, but it would be good to have the exact model.
This is really helpful thank you, the pc would be mainly for fort nite, so as long as it runs that strong I’d be happy

Oct 15, 2024
Build is worth roughly 1450 with name matching components when possible. Seems a little suspicious to me.

Did they give a reason for selling it?
The guy said he doesn’t have time to use it, and it is just going to waste

Oct 15, 2024

If I were to give you the parts to my current pc do you think you would be able to tell me which is going to be best at gaming, or if there not that different ?

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
This is really helpful thank you, the pc would be mainly for fort nite, so as long as it runs that strong I’d be happy
It would run Fortnite very well, or you could run it at quite high settings if you wanted. At competitive settings you would be looking at hundreds of FPS.

We can certainly look at PC hardware, that is the main focus here.

Oct 15, 2024
Have you no other choices?

What's the best reason you are choosing this particular PC?

Cost?

You have very few choices of any type?

Other?

Does this PC have 10 hours use? Or 1000? Or?
I mainly chose it as I thought it was in-expensive and would be better than my current pc, i think it has been used on off for the last year