Question is this PC still relevant?

Ezz03

Commendable
Mar 11, 2019
So, I have this old pc that I built around 2015 for my little brother and yes, of course I upgraded it a little bit for him using my old pc part.

Specs:
Motherboard: ASRock B75 Pro3
CPU: Intel Core i5-760 2.80GHz
GPU: NVIDIA GTX 760 2GB
RAM: 8GBx2 (16GB) DDR3 HyperX

DSzymborski

Titan
So, I have this old pc that I built around 2015 for my little brother and yes, of course I upgraded it a little bit for him using my old pc part.

Specs:
Motherboard: ASRock B75 Pro3
CPU: Intel Core i5-760 2.80GHz
GPU: NVIDIA GTX 760 2GB
RAM: 8GBx2 (16GB) DDR3 HyperX

Depends what you mean by relevant. It'll still run everything it used to run and it's still capable of gaming as long as you're not expecting to play AAA games at 1080p/high. The GPU's still about the level of a 1050 Ti, which remains a solid budget choice (if not as good a choice as the 570/580).

But if by relevant, you mean anything you throw at it, it'll play, it's not the case. It's still a budget GPU in performance nowadays and the CPU was already quite old when you built this PC (it came out in 2010) and while it's far from usable, it's more along the lines of an FX-6300.

Reactions: Will_1_Am
Apr 11, 2019
Maybe define relevant? That allows room for opinions which I don't think will give you the full answer. In short, as the mod said, it's an old computer but, hey, I got old stuff which I think is still relevant.

Relevant, which I mean, is it still pretty good in 2019? Will it run smooth (with atleast low settings) on latest game?

If you have this computer, why not install whatever game you are wondering about and try it? There are many games with demos, or totally free, or you can return if they don't run well after testing. Steam has a great money back policy, as long as you don't play the game for more than a few hours or keep it for several days, you can return it.