[SOLVED] Is this PC suitable for a streaming PC?

Jul 23, 2020
I have an old PC that I'm going to give to a friend if it will work as a dedicated streaming PC. The specs are:
INTEL CORE I5-6402P 2.80GHZ 6MB INTEL SMART CACHE LGA1151

MSI B150M BAZOOKA PLUS INTEL B150 MATX LGA 1151

PATRIOT 8GB DDR4-2133 VIPER III MEMORY RED HEATSINK

NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1060 3GB GDDR5

1TB HDD 3.5 SATAIII 7200RPM

ATNG 600 WATT 80 PLUS POWER SUPPLY

Will this work with at least 720p 60fps? Thanks!

Solution
If by "dedicated streaming PC" you mean that this PC will handle all the hardware demands for streaming the content while another PC is doing the actual gaming, then yes. Otherwise, if you intend for this to handle both gaming and streaming, no.

And if that ATNG power supply is more than three years old, it should probably be replaced before you continue using that system at all.

If by "dedicated streaming PC" you mean that this PC will handle all the hardware demands for streaming the content while another PC is doing the actual gaming, then yes. Otherwise, if you intend for this to handle both gaming and streaming, no.

And if that ATNG power supply is more than three years old, it should probably be replaced before you continue using that system at all.

Solution
Jul 23, 2020

Thank you for your help I will look in to changing the power supply too as it is over 3 years old

Last edited by a moderator: