[SOLVED] Is this pc worth it?

Eddievet

Honorable
Jun 8, 2015
Hi to all!

I've doing some home work to build a decent not expensive gaming pc when i came across this second hand gaming pc.
I wanted to know if this pc is worth the price.
Ryzen 5 2600X

Msi b350M bazooka

16gb ram ddr4 Team Group 2400hz

240 gb ssd Kingston a400

2tb hdd (spare)

nvidia GTX 1050ti

psu Njoy 650w

Monitor HP EliteDisplay E231 Full HD

The pc owner is asking for €620 but i could make a deal with him.
What are your thoughts?

Many thanks in advance

Last edited:
Solution
€620 seems too high. The psu is garbage, if my system Id change that immediately so you need to factor in €60-70 for a decent quality psu. The RAM is slow and will hold back the cpu, if you plan to upgrade your cpu and motherboard in the future you will need a RAM upgrade. As a system if you don’t want to upgrade in the future it’s reasonable if you can get it for €450 max as you need to factor in a new psu. It’s not a good system for future upgrading.
Hi to all!

I've doing some home work to build a decent not expensive gaming pc when i came across this second hand gaming pc.
Ryzen 5 2600X

Msi b350M bazooka

240 gb ssd Kingston a400

2tb hdd (spare)

nvidia GTX 1050ti

psu Njoy 650w

What are your thoughts?

Also. Does this motherboard fit newer faster cpu versions on Ryzen 5?

Many thanks in advance
No this mobo will not support 5000 series and the first gen ryzen mobo were very fussy and i have never heard a psu brand njoy so not sure, if you want 5000 series you would require 500 chipset mobo or b450 would receive it on end of January.

Reactions: Eddievet

Eddievet

Honorable
Jun 8, 2015
No this mobo will not support 5000 series and the first gen ryzen mobo were very fussy and i have never heard a psu brand njoy so not sure, if you want 5000 series you would require 500 chipset mobo or b450 would receive it on end of January.
I removed that part about cpu Ryzen 5 since i found a link https://pcpartpicker.com/products/cpu/?compatible_with=jXcMnQ where it shows that this motherboard supports older models which are still great cpu to use.

The part which interests me the most is if pc is good enough for video editing and if the price is right.
Thanks

€620 seems too high. The psu is garbage, if my system Id change that immediately so you need to factor in €60-70 for a decent quality psu. The RAM is slow and will hold back the cpu, if you plan to upgrade your cpu and motherboard in the future you will need a RAM upgrade. As a system if you don’t want to upgrade in the future it’s reasonable if you can get it for €450 max as you need to factor in a new psu. It’s not a good system for future upgrading.

Solution

Eddievet

Honorable
Jun 8, 2015
The first question would be what's your budget???
Lets say $600 - $800. However, the video editing i'm looking foward to edit are simple, and the editing program i think to use is Davinci Resolve (which requires min 16 gb ram).
If you think that in order to build a good pc requires the budget to increase please go ahead with what you think would be better and for future upgrades.
Thanks

Lets say $600 - $800. However, the video editing i'm looking foward to edit are simple, and the editing program i think to use is Davinci Resolve (which requires min 16 gb ram).
If you think that in order to build a good pc requires the budget to increase please go ahead with what you think would be better and for future upgrades.
Thanks

Add a case as per your liking

bobjackieson

Reputable
Dec 30, 2017
Hi to all!

Ryzen 5 2600X

Msi b350M bazooka

240 gb ssd Kingston a400

2tb hdd (spare)

nvidia GTX 1050ti

psu Njoy 650w

What are your thoughts?

Many thanks in advance

No and no... Its a 1050ti... You could build a 580 8GB machine with a better Psu for around £500-600! The ssd is dreamless and its a b350 board!

I built my old 580 machine for £540... If this system was £400 then thats more reasonable because its a very entry level machine! Remember your buying used parts and you should always be buying on a discount when buying used compared to new parts!

Eddievet

Honorable
Jun 8, 2015
No and no... Its a 1050ti... You could build a 580 8GB machine with a better Psu for around £500-600! The ssd is dreamless and its a b350 board!

I built my old 580 machine for £540... If this system was £400 then thats more reasonable because its a very entry level machine! Remember your buying used parts and you should always be buying on a discount when buying used compared to new parts!
I need to purchase a system able to run Davinci Resolve. Need to start video editing projects. What system setup would you recommend?
Also, do you know a site where i can buy desent used machines?
Thanks

Eddievet

Honorable
Jun 8, 2015
Not a great pc to buy in my opinion, regardless of price.

What is more important?
Gaming or Davinci Resolve?
Here is an article on recommended hardware for the app.
It seems to me that serious use will exceed your budget:
https://www.pugetsystems.com/recomm...-DaVinci-Resolve-187/Hardware-Recommendations
Good reading! Thanks for sharing your thoughts. At least now i have decided to not purchase that machine.
Budget budget budget!!! Unfortunately the hard truth lies on the budged in order to have a good decent machine for medium video editing.
I have read other similar articles and it is true that DaVinci Resolve needs a lot of power. But on the other site other commenters say that less powerful or mid-range power pc can handle high-quality 1080p and in some cases even 4k.
I am, lets say a beginner or medium level video editor. I quite look to do hard core video editing nor rendering high resolution videos. However, based on what i have read a medium power pc can do the job.
I have come across with another system. Any thoughts?
Ryzen 5 3600
Nzxt x62 All in One Liquid Cooler
Gtx 1060
Ll120 Rgb fans x2
Noctua AF14 High Industrial Fans x2
Rm750x gold modular power supply
16gb Corsair 3200mhz White Rgb Ram
MSI B450I Bluetooth+Wifi Motherboard
250gb SSD NVME

Thanks

Dankhola

Prominent
Feb 12, 2020
That's a much more capable system, if I can chime in. The 3600 is a fast six core CPU and will handle video editing pretty well. This is about as good as you can hope for at that kind of budget.

Probably around £550- 650 worth of parts. It has a nice PSU and AIO cooler. Mid range motherboard but should suit you fine.
All depends how much they're asking!

Reactions: Eddievet

Eddievet

Honorable
Jun 8, 2015
That's a much more capable system, if I can chime in. The 3600 is a fast six core CPU and will handle video editing pretty well. This is about as good as you can hope for at that kind of budget.

Probably around £550- 650 worth of parts. It has a nice PSU and AIO cooler. Mid range motherboard but should suit you fine.
All depends how much they're asking!
Hi
Unfortunately I lost the bid on the pc and it sold for $588. However, I have come across another used machine. What do you think of this one? What is this machine worth (seller is asking for $1000 but I can ask for a better deal)? Can this handle Davinci Resolve?

AMD RYZEN 7 2700 16 CPUS 3.2
GTX 1070 EVGA HYBRID 8GB
RAM G SKILL 16 GB
SAMSUNG nvme 256 gb AND 750 hdd
MOBO ASUS ROG B450
CASE COOLER MASTER (https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/prod..._khnn_s01_masterbox_mb530p_computer_case.html)
Also the seller is including this Monitor 27 hp ZR2440w 🆒

Thanks to all for the support!;)

Dankhola

Prominent
Feb 12, 2020
Ah, bad luck with the auction.

It's again a nice mid-high end system. Slightly stronger CPU and GPU but not by a huge amount. Will handle DaVinci a little better being 8 core instead of 6 and a there's a bit more juice from the 1070.

It's on the steep side but they're probably only asking more as it's a hybrid GPU, which you're really only going to get the most from if you're overclocking.

If it wasn't for that water-cooled graphics card and was a normal GTX 1070 I'd say it was closer to a £750- £900 system, taking into account the £150 monitor. New prices would be something like £200 each for the CPU and a (normal) GTX 1070, £100 each for motherboard and RAM, £100 for the case, £80 for the nvme and HDD, and then the £150 monitor (in British Pounds).

If I was going for it I'd be tempted to throw in a cheeky bid around £800-850 and use the angle that the Hybrid card is pushing up the cost- but for that kind of money it's definately worth double checking you're not missing out on similar specced new builds.

Good luck with it all.