Is this plan worth it? 7850 to gtx 770?

Anonymouselite5

Distinguished
My plan to upgrade my pc, I have a 7850 now and Im planning on upgrading to something better. Just the gpu.

Perhaps to a gtx 770.

I could sell my 7850 for about 220 dollars and then spend 200 for the gtx 770. (it's the OC gigabyte version 2gb)
Is this a fair deal or do used 7850's lose their value? I have had no problems and there is no damage on the card or anything?

Also will the gtx 770 work well with my other parts
intel i5 3570 cpu quad. 3.4ghz to 3.8 boost
8gb of RAM
corsair gs 600 psu
asrock h77m motherboard.

In my assumption it should work, but Im not that experienced with it.
any suggestions or things I will need to upgrade as well to not bottleneck my pc?

Solution
I have the gigabyte gtx770 and love it. But that price difference would probably be enough to sway me. EVGA has a good reputation, I'd say go for the cheaper one. The gigabyte is a little quieter and has a little higher clock speed, but not noticeable enough to justify that price difference.

Anonymouselite5

Distinguished

Thank you :) So all seems good. Also which do you think may be better ?
Im in Australia so Mwave is a big seller here.

There is the gigabyte version for 539 dollars
http://www.mwave.com.au/product/gigabyte-geforce-gtx-770-oc-edition-4gb-video-card-ab49614

and the EVGA 4gb version. for 479 dollars
http://www.mwave.com.au/product/evga-geforce-gtx-770-superclocked-acx-4gb-video-card-dual-bios-ab52421

personally I'd like the gigabyte version since that's the same as my 7850. But it's cheaper and EVGA Im not so sure about

I have the gigabyte gtx770 and love it. But that price difference would probably be enough to sway me. EVGA has a good reputation, I'd say go for the cheaper one. The gigabyte is a little quieter and has a little higher clock speed, but not noticeable enough to justify that price difference.

Solution

Anonymouselite5

Distinguished

Thankyou, Will save up for it now :) Thanks for fast answering and service

Anonymouselite5

Distinguished

Actually, Do you think a 7970 may be a better deal. It's 3GB vram and cheaper. It's the gigabyte version and Ive had a good experience with gigabyte. I don't have much of a budget and it may be a better deal than the r9 280 because Im willing to OC it