Is this possible?

Solution
Windows 7 OEM, new motherboard and CPU. For that change, a new OS install is generally recommended or required.

Windows 7 OEM and new motherboard - Your OEM license is invalid. However...Microsoft may authorize reactivation with the new hardware. They are under no obligation to do so, though.

With a new OS installation, that is a new Registry. It knows nothing about your applications from the other install. And there is nothing that I know of that can reach in, find the proper keys and settings, and apply those keys/settings to a new Registry.
Some applications can possibly be just copied over, but the majority will not work doing that.

1,000 applications? Really? This is when you consider putting an installation with most of...

USAFRet

Titan

You can't just 'copy' programs. They would need to be actually installed on the other PC via whatever installation media is used.
And of course any licensing comes into play.

Viinerpedro

Honorable
Sep 20, 2013

Cant I just copy the registry and program files?

Viinerpedro

Honorable
Sep 20, 2013

But if i get windows 7 pro box? Will it work?

USAFRet

Titan

No.
The Windows registry is far, far more than just some pointers to where applications are.
Just install those applications on the other PC. Abiding by any licensing/number of copies restrictions.

Viinerpedro

Honorable
Sep 20, 2013

Look. I have a pc. I am going to swap out the motherboard and CPU. I literally have a 1000 programs installed on my HDD. I have win 7 pro OEM, and if i swap out the CPU or motherboard, it isnt the same pc i bought the licence with. So, i have to buy a box win 7 pro. I dont want to install these 1000 programs again. Is there any way to automate this process? Maybe get a program that will find the registry keys for these programs and save them somewhere? (if that exists)

Am i right?

Also, what would happen if i booted the PC with these new parts and the old Windows?
Will it not start or will it not let me login or what?

USAFRet

Titan
Windows 7 OEM, new motherboard and CPU. For that change, a new OS install is generally recommended or required.

Windows 7 OEM and new motherboard - Your OEM license is invalid. However...Microsoft may authorize reactivation with the new hardware. They are under no obligation to do so, though.

With a new OS installation, that is a new Registry. It knows nothing about your applications from the other install. And there is nothing that I know of that can reach in, find the proper keys and settings, and apply those keys/settings to a new Registry.
Some applications can possibly be just copied over, but the majority will not work doing that.

1,000 applications? Really? This is when you consider putting an installation with most of that in a VM, and running it as a guest OS.

Solution

Viinerpedro

Honorable
Sep 20, 2013

So, basically ill have to reinstall the programs. (It is good, because my system had a bad error, what i fixed. (The error screwed up like 150 programs.) I have to do lots of work then.)