Feb 26, 2019
Hello! so i have an Asus G11CB and its connected to a Benq RLhm..45.. something through the HDMI port on the GPU iso. I also want to add a second display, an Acer 27” KG271C monitor. Is it possible to do this using any port, there is a strange DVI looking port below the HDMI port on the GPU ISO. Will it be possible? if not then are there any suggestions for other ways in which i could do this? Im a noob, would really appreciate some help. Thanks!

Feb 26, 2019
connectivity-hero.png
this thing below the GPU HDMI, right? anyway, thank you so much. ANd sorry for being so nooby

Hi, i know this was some time ago, just wanted to know what type of dp cable i should buy. Should I buy a DPI to HDMI or what?

Not sure why you need any adapters, that KG271C monitor has DP and DVI ports, your video card has DP and DVI port. If you get a DP to HDMI cable you won't be able to connect to that monitor at all since the monitor does not have an HDMI input. I'd use DP for my connections vs DVI although it does not really matter much.

Not sure why you need any adapters, that KG271C monitor has DP and DVI ports, your video card has DP and DVI port. If you get a DP to HDMI cable you won't be able to connect to that monitor at all since the monitor does not have an HDMI input. I'd use DP for my connections vs DVI although it does not really matter much.

He has two monitors. The Acer is a secondary. You are correct for that one he could just use DP to DP.

It does somewhat matter DP vs DVI, only in resolution. But for his current resolution it does not.

Feb 26, 2019
on amazon it says:
  • Ports: 1 x Display Port (v1.2), 1 x HDMI and 1 x DVI (w/HDCP
so i assume it has an HDMI port.
Unless it doesnt, then i what cable should i get?