[SOLVED] Is this possible?

superblaze27

Prominent
Aug 28, 2019
Is it possible make a virtual machine that utilizes 8 i9-9900KS processors to make an environment that uses 64 cores? So if I had a virtual machine running on some software (maybe openstack?), would using 8 i9-9900KS processors perform better than another 64-core processor? I'm assuming yes because some companies can provide 224 cores in one unit and obviously there's no such thing, so obviously using more than one big processor combined with software is practical.

Now if this is possible, would there be any performance differences than if it were to be on a bare metal server? (this would all be for private use)
And what I mean by that is, could I fully utilize every 64 of the cores and use every single core running at whatever GHz I can get it at to it's full potential?

Been asking myself this question for a while and finally figured I'd ask somewhere.

Thank you!

Solution
The question is why. When you deal with this kind of stuff you don't try to reinvent the wheel. You use that 64 cores CPU that already exist and you're saving yourself a lot of issues.

You can get 2 3990X 64 cores for the price of 8 9900KS.
The question is why. When you deal with this kind of stuff you don't try to reinvent the wheel. You use that 64 cores CPU that already exist and you're saving yourself a lot of issues.

You can get 2 3990X 64 cores for the price of 8 9900KS.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS