Question Is this power connection broken or overly used? - New monitor

Mar 27, 2023
Hi!

After having some bad luck with my last monitor from a different brand and another store, that monitor came with a dead pixel, I tried my luck with a new monitor from another brand and another store.
After thoroughly going through the package on my new monitor, everything seemed brand new, same with the package it came in, that seemed to be unopened before.
I then did several dead pixel tests and at first it seemed like this one also had atleast a dead pixel - turned out it was just some dust, so it seems my new monitor that I now have gotten is finally one free from dead pixels.

View: https://i.imgur.com/AowmNtW.jpg

This may be a case of me just being paranoid and overlooking this, but can others here please tell me what they think about this power cord connection? Does it look used before, or damaged, or does it just look like that from the factory? It looks like it has some scratches or whatever, not sure.
The screen I have gotten now today is the AOC 27" QHD 155Hz Monitor (Q27G2E/BK). It has some ghosting but I knew about that before, so I am overall happy with the new monitor. I was stuck on 60hz 1080p for some weeks after returning the previous Huawei monitor that had the dead pixel.

Thanks for taking the time and checking my picture with the power cord connection, perhaps i am just overly paranoid, I don't want to feel like I have to return this monitor, when I finally gotten one after all that came without what it seems like, no dead pixels.

kanewolf

Titan
Hi!

After having some bad luck with my last monitor from a different brand and another store, that monitor came with a dead pixel, I tried my luck with a new monitor from another brand and another store.
After thoroughly going through the package on my new monitor, everything seemed brand new, same with the package it came in, that seemed to be unopened before.
I then did several dead pixel tests and at first it seemed like this one also had atleast a dead pixel - turned out it was just some dust, so it seems my new monitor that I now have gotten is finally one free from dead pixels.

View: https://i.imgur.com/AowmNtW.jpg

This may be a case of me just being paranoid and overlooking this, but can others here please tell me what they think about this power cord connection? Does it look used before, or damaged, or does it just look like that from the factory? It looks like it has some scratches or whatever, not sure.
The screen I have gotten now today is the AOC 27" QHD 155Hz Monitor (Q27G2E/BK). It has some ghosting but I knew about that before, so I am overall happy with the new monitor. I was stuck on 60hz 1080p for some weeks after returning the previous Huawei monitor that had the dead pixel.

Thanks for taking the time and checking my picture with the power cord connection, perhaps i am just overly paranoid, I don't want to feel like I have to return this monitor, when I finally gotten one after all that came without what it seems like, no dead pixels.
Does not look odd to me.