[SOLVED] Is this power supply any good?

Solution
As far as I can see. they are both B+ and BeQuiet is color coded as superior. What am I missing???
Well, okay, it's misleading, i get it. CX weren't gilded because it isn't particularly quiet and that were a requirement for gold color in tier B too some time ago, it's not for a while, we'll gild it too in the next revision.
The main difference between these units is that BQT is ACRF, and CX is LLC, theoretically that would make for better ripple and transient response on the latter but Aris only reviewed 450W versions of CX and didn't review BQT PP11 at all, and data from other reviews is rarely comparable, so really no telling. But since they're both budget units these difference don't really matter much anyway, again, get...

Juular

Respectable
BANNED
Mar 14, 2020
As far as I can see. they are both B+ and BeQuiet is color coded as superior. What am I missing???
Well, okay, it's misleading, i get it. CX weren't gilded because it isn't particularly quiet and that were a requirement for gold color in tier B too some time ago, it's not for a while, we'll gild it too in the next revision.
The main difference between these units is that BQT is ACRF, and CX is LLC, theoretically that would make for better ripple and transient response on the latter but Aris only reviewed 450W versions of CX and didn't review BQT PP11 at all, and data from other reviews is rarely comparable, so really no telling. But since they're both budget units these difference don't really matter much anyway, again, get cheaper but if they're the same price, CX theoretically should be a bit better.
Edit: i mean, CX is already gilded in current revision effective on this forum (Luke is too lazy to update LTT version yet).

Last edited:
Reactions: Hellfire13
Solution
The main difference between these units is that BQT is ACRF, and CX is LLC, theoretically that would make for better and transient response on the latter but Aris only reviewed 450W versions of CX and didn't review BQT PP11 at all, and data from other reviews is rarely comparable, so really no telling. But since they're both budget units these difference don't really matter much anyway, again, get cheaper but if they're the same price, CX theoretically should be a bit better.
Edit: i mean, CX is already gilded in current revision effective on this forum (Luke is too lazy to update LTT version yet).
Ahh...I see. Well that explains it then.

TRENDING THREADS