[SOLVED] Is this power supply good for my pc?

Solution
Holy crap, no! I'm surprised that's even made by LG.. unless the label is faked. That PSU belongs in exactly one place. The trash bin.

Click the first link in my sig. That's a MUST READ for power supplies.

A good PSU is a safety device, and good ones generally do not come cheap - the prices are a little crazy now, given the tariffs and the pandemic.

The least I would recommend is a Corsair CX (2017, NOT the green label) 450W. You'll know it's the 2017 revision because it comes with a 5 year warranty.

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
Holy crap, no! I'm surprised that's even made by LG.. unless the label is faked. That PSU belongs in exactly one place. The trash bin.

Click the first link in my sig. That's a MUST READ for power supplies.

A good PSU is a safety device, and good ones generally do not come cheap - the prices are a little crazy now, given the tariffs and the pandemic.

The least I would recommend is a Corsair CX (2017, NOT the green label) 450W. You'll know it's the 2017 revision because it comes with a 5 year warranty.

Reactions: elias4
Solution

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
Not everyone is on here during the same hours you are. We are all volunteers on the forums - do not spam the same request over and over again. Your third and fourth request to check that last one were both posted while I was in the middle of typing this response.

That PSU is even worse - it rates itself as 650W on the brand, yet is only 144W.

Did you read the write-up from the first link in my sig? The answer is clearly that you did not. You're not going to find a good power supply by randomly showing us these off-spec power supplies. The PSUs you've shown us don't have any business being installed in any computer.

With your parts, you're going to want at LEAST 30A on the 12V rail, to get 360W.

Read the first link in my sig: your PSU decision should be made based on that write-up.

Others might be able to help if they know what country you're buying in, and what stores (online or otherwise) you might be limited to purchasing from.

A 1060 needs at 400w and a 6 or 8 pin depending on the model. It CANNOT reliably work without that much wattage, and it will not post without a PCIe power connector.

Currently, the power supply market is horrible and the prices are abominable, i get it. But those wont work.

Check out the "Recommended Power supply models thread" in my sig