Is this power supply good?

VladiX

Reputable
Aug 2, 2017
hi i was just wondering is this hec power supply good,the model is HEC-300FB-2RK.I know its quite old around 5 years but is it still worth it for a pc with the same wattige?

Solution
As its a standard PSU, its probably still ok for the PC it came with, but as it has no PCIE connections, it would not work if you wanted to upgrade the PC. IT looks like a SFF so upgrading it will be difficult.

mbilal2

Reputable
Jun 15, 2017
Nope nope nope. Stock PSU's are the worst that too a 300W? At least get a 550W one, 450W being the bare minimum. And get one from a good company like EVGA. PSU's directly affect the cooling of your rig. Plus getting a better PSU will enable you to make upgrades in the future, or move it to a new, better rig. It's an investment I would say is worth it. PS make sure the new PSU fits in the case.

Kenton82

Reputable
As its a standard PSU, its probably still ok for the PC it came with, but as it has no PCIE connections, it would not work if you wanted to upgrade the PC. IT looks like a SFF so upgrading it will be difficult.

Solution
Picking by "brand" s about as useful as buying by retailer. Might as well say get a good PSU from Amazon. Like retailers, "brands" buy their PSUs from someone else....OEMs. In seeking to maximize sales, they buy different units in various quality / price tiers to hit each market niche. Even among the OEMs, quality varies widely as each OEM has designs of varying quality called "platforms". So if looking for a PSU, neither retailer, brand name or even OEM name is a guarantee of quality. And while PSUs mane for different brands may be from the same platform, there still may be minor differences between them.

Does Corsair make great PSUs ?
Does Corsair make good PSUs ?
Does Corsair make mediocre PSUs ?
Does Corsair make crappy PSUs ?

The answer to all of the above is no, they don't **make** a single PSU. hage the word "make" to "sell" and the answer to all of the above is yes, they sell PSUs in each of those categories.

VladiX

Reputable
Aug 2, 2017

i am just looking to use the power supply for an older pc with an athlon 64 1gb dimm and 300w is perfect thats why i am asking i dont want to end up whit another bad psu

VladiX

Reputable
Aug 2, 2017

i know but i will use it for an older build with an atlhon 64 and i don want to end up with another bad psu(and also not having to need a new fire extingesher)

VladiX

Reputable
Aug 2, 2017

Thanks i will use the psu for an old build i am not planing to build a 1080 ti sli with ryzen thredrypper or somthing like that soo its perfect!

ZRace

Commendable
May 12, 2017
Super Flower Golden Green HX 350W would be my personal recommendation (or any other Super Flower PSU).

Also, almost any Seasonic PSU will be good, also EVGA's Supernova G2 and G3 series (G3 being newer) as well as Corsair's CX series.

TRENDING THREADS