[SOLVED] Is This Powerful Enough to Run Games in High/Ultra with Max Settings?

Sep 15, 2019
I have an
i5 7400
GTX 1060 3GB
16GB of RAM

looking to run games in high/ultra better than the ps4 pro with a stable 60 or more FPS.
cheers

Solution
No. The older quad core cpu will have issues staying above 60 in the latest cpu heavy games.

Also the 1060 3gb won’t always do high/ultra settings (assuming 1080p). 3gb VRAM is also barely enough. The 1060 6gb or stronger will be better for high/ultra. However PS4 Pro as a rough guess is closer to medium settings in modern AAA games.
No. The older quad core cpu will have issues staying above 60 in the latest cpu heavy games.

Also the 1060 3gb won’t always do high/ultra settings (assuming 1080p). 3gb VRAM is also barely enough. The 1060 6gb or stronger will be better for high/ultra. However PS4 Pro as a rough guess is closer to medium settings in modern AAA games.

Reactions: Varials
Solution
Sep 15, 2019

thankyou, just dont wanna go to a 1060 6gb because it isnt the biggest step up for the money i will have to spend, any recommendations for better cards then?

Sep 15, 2019
Personally would go with a RX580 then. You can get them used for cheap. If you’re only playing older AAA titles like Witcher and easier to run ones that are on the Vulkan API (Wolfenstein I believe) then you should be able to get pretty much max settings, just turn things like Hairworks off for example on Witcher.

thanks for the help, i'd rather get something new but i'll take a look