[SOLVED] Is This Pre BUILT good for gaming price wise

shadidd

Prominent
Sep 12, 2021
As we know due to the chip shortages , its almost impossible to find a GPU. So I opted for a Prebuilt. Can you guys please check if this is worth the price and if it doesn't bottleneck, has low psu power etc. It would really help me. You can also customize and change components if you deem them necessary , but staying within that price range is a very important to me
Thanks in advance

pc target: Major games at 1440p ultra settings 60fps+
4k: most games not all at 60fps at with some settings tweeks (e.g: set everything on high/veryhigh)
ps: its in £ but it should match the basic conversion rate
£1365.60
The link below will have the 3060 as the gpu , but I will customise it to the 3070

Customise Infinity X105 GT Gaming PC | PC Range | Cyberpower UK (cyberpowersystem.co.uk)

Also if you guys could tell me if Could go up one notch for the Cpu:
To
Intel® Core™ i7-10700F - 8-Core 2.90GHz, 4.80GHz Turbo - 16MB Cache (No On-board Graphics)
From
Intel® Core™ i5-10600KF - 6-Core 4.10GHz, 4.80GHz Turbo - 12MB Cache Ultimate OC Compatible (No On-board Graphics)
the price difference is £67/$91 but any saving is important

Last edited:
Solution
If all you want to do is game, and in higher resolutions (1440p and especially 4k) the cpu matters less, and that i5 will do more than good enough for you, though I suggest if the price gap isn't too major to go 11th gen or ryzen 5000.
Also, intel is gearing up in a few weeks to launch 12th gen, which will either be better, or make 11th and 10th gen cheaper.
Either way, the i5 is more than enough for you.
But might I suggest swapping the psu to the RM650i?
That psu is NOT good enough for your system and will die prematurely if it even runs it at all.
It's rated D in the PSU tier list and is only good for cheap IGPU only systems.
You don't need to go all fancy on a psu, an rm650 or tx750m will do just fine with your system for about 30euro.
If all you want to do is game, and in higher resolutions (1440p and especially 4k) the cpu matters less, and that i5 will do more than good enough for you, though I suggest if the price gap isn't too major to go 11th gen or ryzen 5000.
Also, intel is gearing up in a few weeks to launch 12th gen, which will either be better, or make 11th and 10th gen cheaper.
That psu is NOT good enough for your system and will die prematurely if it even runs it at all.
You don't need to go all fancy on a psu, an rm650 or tx750m will do just fine with your system for about 30euro.

Reactions: jfarms
Solution
Despite of all that siaan312 told that i agree to, will you do any OC? If so, go the the K one.
I wouldn't overclock that system.
Firstly, nowadays, even K cpus can only go maybe 200-300mhz higher than normal at best, which is just not worth the hassle for 2-3 more fps.
Also, do we know the motherboard is even capable of that? and even more so, the cooling?
Prebuilts weren't built to be overclocked, and it's not worth it anyway.

shadidd

Prominent
Sep 12, 2021
Thanks for the reply man. Another question. Does this pc look like it's going to be upgradable in the future?. I'm a new when it comes to this stuff but the motherboard is a matx. Will that be a problem

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply man. Another question. Does this pc look like it's going to be upgradable in the future?. I'm a new when it comes to this stuff but the motherboard is a matx. Will that be a problem
The motherboard it ships with is meh.
It will run an i7, but I wouldn't put an i9 in it if I value it's life time.
As for other upgrades, it only has 2 memory slots, so ram is "replaceable" not "upgradeable" (you have 2x8. to upgrade to 32 gigs you would need to buy 2x16.)
The gpu is upgradeable, but that is on almost any motherboard, and as for cpu, you can upgrade to 11th gen if you wanted to, but realistically that's not worth it (for an upgrade. still worth it now though)
But again, that's the limitation of the chipset and intel, not your pc specifically.

LeviTech

Commendable
Sep 27, 2021
In that store you have many options for the config. You even have a sort to OC, but if you won't do any OC, go for a normal build.
Despite of all, I would wait for the next gen.