Is this PSU a good idea to continue using? (powerbox goldenfield atx 500)

peterddamianov

Prominent
Oct 28, 2017
Wfm7D
I would like to know whether this can handle a core 2 quad q6600 and a 560ti or if I should upgrade. If that is the case I would like some suggestions.

Solution

I read it, it's garbage.

Not something I would put in any PC.

I doubt it will last very long.

100% no.

1. 560 Ti requires a 500W PSU . That's a deal breaker because your PSU can only offer, at most 300W of power.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139148&ignorebbr=1&nm_mc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-PC&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-PC-_-pla-_-Power+Supplies-_-N82E16817139148&gclid=Cj0KCQjwnqzWBRC_ARIsABSMVTPWvYb1d3i7yY8eUzaqxBwQMqRnywMakugszC-kc_rS6CybiuBFF_IaAhA-EALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds is a good CPU but Newegg knows this and the price is inflated about $20 here in the States. The consumer can however mail in a rebate for that $20. Ugly marketing on Newegg's part. Complicate it and make the consumer work for them. For $5 more you could afford the PSU I purchased to support my EVGA 1080 Ti FTW3 Hybrid.

peterddamianov

Prominent
Oct 28, 2017
I was considering the aerocool integrator 500w. Is it a good option. In my personal pc I have an evga supernova 650 that I run a Vega 64 on. It has a 750w psu requirement but it runs just fine so I was wondering if skimping in this area is an option. This is just a friend's ancient pc that I am upgrading for his birthday. I have a budget of about 60 euro and I have spent 20 euro on the 560ti and 10 on the q6600 and I still need enough for some ram. Is a used PSU a good idea?

The last place you ever want to skimp on is the PSU, always get a good quality unit.

The sad thing is it's the 1st thing most people skimp out on and that is NEVER a good idea.

There isn't any wiggle room here. Take a 12V battery out of a vehicle and put in a 6 volt battery. That's what you're considering doing for a friend. Regardless of the PC's obsolescence the power is not there. No matter how much I want 4+4 to equal ice cream, it just won't.

Low quality, garbage, dumpster material.

Need to raise the budget a lot and get a quality unit, you won't find any PSU's worth buying in your price range.

But go ahead and get one if you want to cook the PC, just make sure you have a fire extinguisher handy.

peterddamianov

Prominent
Oct 28, 2017
Idk but kitguru did a review of the 600w version of the aerocool Integrator and found it was completely stable on a 600w load. Read it for yourself if you want. https://www.kitguru.net/components/power-supplies/zardon/aerocool-integrator-600-watt-psu-review/

I read it, it's garbage.

Not something I would put in any PC.

I doubt it will last very long.

Solution