[SOLVED] Is this PSU any good?

Apr 10, 2022
Hello.
So Im currently using a Thermaltake lite power 650w PSU in my system. I recently got a new mobo after the old one died. Before it did, my pc would reboot randomly. And still doing it after I got the new mobo. So I'm suspecting that this PSU bricked my old mobo, also could break my new 1 and other hardware perhaps.
So should I go for Seasonic CORE GC 650w 80+ Gold TUF Gaming Alliance?
Specs :
I3 9100F
GTX 1650
16 GB RAM
ASROCK B365 MOBO
240 GB SSD
500 GB HDD
1TB HDD

Solution
let me know if there's a better unit without breaking the bank please :
For inexpensive options, the ASUS TUF 550W and Core GC 650W are both fine. Not fancy units, but at this price bracket, you mostly aim for "reliable and good enough." You are definitely right to replace your old PSU, though.
If you do find other options, do a bit of research. The exact model is a lot more important than the brand or 80+ rating.
Apr 10, 2022

GoboII

Prominent
Jun 5, 2021
let me know if there's a better unit without breaking the bank please :
For inexpensive options, the ASUS TUF 550W and Core GC 650W are both fine. Not fancy units, but at this price bracket, you mostly aim for "reliable and good enough." You are definitely right to replace your old PSU, though.
If you do find other options, do a bit of research. The exact model is a lot more important than the brand or 80+ rating.

Solution
Apr 10, 2022
Thank you all, appreciate the feedback.
I'll probably go with the Seasonic then.
Funny thing is, I bought the Thermaltake PSU from the same shop I linked, and they no longer sell that exact model anymore. Should've done more digging before I bought it, hindsight 2020 I guess.