Is this PSU compatible with this GPU?

Solution
Why your insistence on using subpar PSUs? 600 Watts would be pushing it as it is, that PSU doesn't put out 600 watts, more like 550ish while the manufacturer recommends 750. I mean it's your computer, do as you want with it, just seems silly to me to spend 600+ dollars on a nice video card and then not spend the extra 20 or 30 dollars to make sure it works. Would be like getting a really nice sports car and putting bald tires on it you found in a junkyard.
Well the recommended PSU wattage is 600 so it might work but it won't be easy on your PSU and don't expect to be doing any overclocking with it or having a very long PSU life. Without knowing the rest of your specs I can't be 100% sure, but I recommend you to get a 600W PSU from XFX, as they use very high quality parts.

Deuce65

Honorable
Oct 16, 2013

No, not even close really. I mean it may work but I would expect shutdowns if you do anything strenuous like game. Consider that OCed that card is capable of peaking at around 500 watts all by itself. Even without any OC at all you're looking at well over 300 watts, almost 400. Contrast that with your PSU which actually puts out around 450ish watts and you can see the problem.

I don't understand, Sapphire clearly states in the system requirments that you need at least a 750 watt PSU. Did you just not believe them or something? You could maybe get away with 600 watts if it were a quality PSU but that series of PSUs is mediocre at best. So yea get a better PSU is the moral of the story.

ZagiZoveDaGaLove

Reputable
Mar 9, 2014

Ended up on this one Corsair CX Series, 600 Watt, ATX

Deuce65

Honorable
Oct 16, 2013
Why your insistence on using subpar PSUs? 600 Watts would be pushing it as it is, that PSU doesn't put out 600 watts, more like 550ish while the manufacturer recommends 750. I mean it's your computer, do as you want with it, just seems silly to me to spend 600+ dollars on a nice video card and then not spend the extra 20 or 30 dollars to make sure it works. Would be like getting a really nice sports car and putting bald tires on it you found in a junkyard.

Solution