Hello, i currently have a corsair cx600w M psu thats my runnning my computer

specs:

i5 4670k

asus maximus vi hero

1 tb WD black, samsung 840 pro 256gb

powercolor r9 280x

CM 212 evo

So i have 2 questions.

1. Is it okay for me to sell my Corsair CX600w modular to my friend? Or has it been stressed too much? I have been using it for 8months.

2. Can i buy a xfx core 550w for my system? Im going to go with a sapphire r9 290 tri.x instead, so is this psu going to deliver enough Amps for my gpu?

thanks in advance! :)

Solution
xfx 850w core edition is a good deal if you are getting it for cheap more room for overclocking in the future or you can change the PSU in future and keep the xfx 550 for now since you are not OCking

GameOver007

Reputable
Dec 6, 2014

Okay look the problem is your new GPU R9 290x. Its a very power hungry GPU but if you ain't going to overclock I think you will be fine with that One.No doubt XFX is a Solid PSU. But if you are going with that GPU why won't you opt for an GTX 970 nearly same price, more stable, same performance and less power hungry:)

seraj5

Honorable
Oct 28, 2013
Sr-71 Blackbird: My god thats expensive!! I could buy a evga supernova g2 850w for the same price, i think you will agree with me thats a better deal. Very kind of you to go and try find a swedish store, nice! Appreciate it!

Gameover: Cool list thanks alot! I read on this forum that some psus was not Haswell confirmed, i read that it wasn't that big of a deal so maybe i should care.

But my second question was that is it okay for me to sell my current psu, also im buying a used r9 290 tri-x thats why, used gtx 970s is like 50% more money.

Also i found a person selling an unoppened xfx 850w core edition, thats too much for me but it was a good price and unused so i might buy that one.

Blackbird, the CM V550S has been realy cheep some time in my country so if it gets down again its a nice options.

How i thought of the OC is that i wont need it right now om my full-hd monitor, but i thought like in 2-3years i might need to OC the cpu and gpu, Maybe i should take a psu that is modified for The rigg NO OC.

What do you guys think, should i buy the xfx 550w and upgrade when i possibly need more juice

Again, thanks alot for the help, Also i did not know how to reply to 2 persons so thats why i did it this way, hope you dont mind :)

GameOver007

Reputable
Dec 6, 2014
xfx 850w core edition is a good deal if you are getting it for cheap more room for overclocking in the future or you can change the PSU in future and keep the xfx 550 for now since you are not OCking

Solution

seraj5

Honorable
Oct 28, 2013
As i see it now i have 2 options.

1: Go YOLO and buy the exga supernova 850w (Overkill for my system I know), who knows, i might find something better then and decide to upgrade, its at a reduced price ATM.

2: Hope that this person answer(sent mail 2 days agow, still no answer) and bu it, its a good psu although i heard its loud but i dont care.

My friends system is very alike mine except the ssd and he has a fx8320 cpu (draws more power), its enough for him but i heard bad things about used psus, so i am not sure. I dont want to screw his computer up. Thanks, im going to sleep now because its extremly late here in sweden (04:30), I will answer in like 8-10 hours if i dont forget.

GameOver007

Reputable
Dec 6, 2014

Its not like that, PSU's will work the same in every system provided they are functioning properly.It will not screw up your friend's system don't worry until and unless he tries something extreme OCking with that PSU.It will be stable at stock setting I myself have the same PSU:ange:

seraj5

Honorable
Oct 28, 2013

Okay good to know because one time a bought a used psu and it screwed my computer and now my asus mobo is damaged and asus wont help because they have the worst support ever.

But should i take the evga 850w, i think im going to game and watch movies less in 1year because of studies. Or should I just buy the xfx 550w and no OC and then if i need more i can sell the psu and buy a new one? thanks :)

GameOver007

Reputable
Dec 6, 2014

Yep you are good to go with the XFX 550 no worries:ange:

seraj5

Honorable
Oct 28, 2013
Okay good to know, but which psu should i buy then? Also, is it safe for me to buy a new psu from amazon or should i buy it from a local store instead in case of problems or so? thanks :)

GameOver007

Reputable
Dec 6, 2014

Glad to help
Don't forget to choose the best answer:ange: