[SOLVED] Is this PSU good? (Deepcool PM750D)

Solution
Hi, Wanted to ask if this PSU is any good: https://www.deepcool.com/product/powersupply/2021-05/10_14426.shtml
I already have this from a prebuilt system, if in case its pretty bad then I can get a better one.
For specs I'm running an i5 10400f and rtx 3060ti.

Problem with PSUs is that since they're safety parts, they're guilty until proven innocent; they're always risky until you can verify what's inside from someone's teardown. Especially when the company is known for selling a lot of lower-quality PSUs, as Deepcool is.

Looks like a CWT-made unit and with a desirable topology used, so it's probably at least decent. Depends on the price, though. A five-year warranty is execrable for a quality PSU.

DeepCool_Phoenix

Official Forum Representative
Aug 10, 2021
I'm surprised these units are already out in the wild. They're brand new, and primarily meant for SI's but we may sell them retail at a later date. It's a pretty solid power supply with more of a focus on longevity since its gonna be in prebuilts mostly. May I ask which prebuilt you got it in?

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
Hi, Wanted to ask if this PSU is any good: https://www.deepcool.com/product/powersupply/2021-05/10_14426.shtml
I already have this from a prebuilt system, if in case its pretty bad then I can get a better one.
For specs I'm running an i5 10400f and rtx 3060ti.

Problem with PSUs is that since they're safety parts, they're guilty until proven innocent; they're always risky until you can verify what's inside from someone's teardown. Especially when the company is known for selling a lot of lower-quality PSUs, as Deepcool is.

Looks like a CWT-made unit and with a desirable topology used, so it's probably at least decent. Depends on the price, though. A five-year warranty is execrable for a quality PSU.

Reactions: z0d1@c
Solution
Sep 16, 2021
I'm surprised these units are already out in the wild. They're brand new, and primarily meant for SI's but we may sell them retail at a later date. It's a pretty solid power supply with more of a focus on longevity since its gonna be in prebuilts mostly. May I ask which prebuilt you got it in?
Its more of an assembled PC than prebuilt. Not from a known brand. Also this PSU is being sold separately too at quite a few retailers here.

Sep 16, 2021

Makes sense. Thanks. I'll look out for any teardown reviews or info on this PSU as it does seem to be pretty new. The webpage seems to be up from May 2021 it looks like from the URL (or edited maybe) . Which kind of explains no reviews or discussion about this PSU yet.

Juular

Respectable
BANNED
Mar 14, 2020
It's a pretty solid power supply with more of a focus on longevity since its gonna be in prebuilts mostly.
Judging by what we see on the photos, that doesn't exactly scream longevity to me. Gotta hand it to you that you at least show some internals of it. But can we expect some actual reviews on it, teardown at least ? (Assuming you're Deepcool repsentative, correct me if i'm wrong)