[SOLVED] Is this PSU good enough for new setup?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 13, 2020
Currently, I am looking to upgrade my PC, and to do so, I need to replace most of the hardware.
I currently have this PSU: EVGA 500 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply - I am wondering if it will support the hardware I am looking at getting.
I'm planning on getting the following:
RTX 3070
i5 9600k (+ CPU cooler)

16GB DDR4 3200 RAM
MSI Z390-A PRO ATX LGA1151 Motherboard

So, the question remains:
Will this PSU I currently have support the system, or do I need to upgrade?

Solution
Currently, I am looking to upgrade my PC, and to do so, I need to replace most of the hardware.
I currently have this PSU: EVGA 500 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply - I am wondering if it will support the hardware I am looking at getting.
RTX 3070
i5 9600k (+ CPU cooler)

16GB DDR4 3200 RAM

It might be ok for a home office computer but that's about all. Here's a few good options to choose from:

JasonNs_

Proper
Sep 22, 2020
RTX 3070
i5 9600k (+ CPU cooler)

16GB DDR4 3200 RAM

Hell no, first of all, the wattage isnt even close to be enough, 2nd that evga model isnt that ''good'', you need to upgrade.

RTX 3070
i5 9600k (+ CPU cooler)

16GB DDR4 3200 RAM

It might be ok for a home office computer but that's about all. Here's a few good options to choose from:

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.