[SOLVED] Is this psu good for my pc

Jun 11, 2019
I bought a gtx 1060 6gb and my pc started restarting itself after playing a game for 5min is the psu the problem? And i did a psu test wich i should get and it said this one EVGA 600 BQ, 80+ Bronze 600W, Semi Modular, FDB Fan, 3 Year Warranty, Power Supply 110-BQ-0600-K1

Is this the roght one to get my pc specs

Gtx 1060 6gb
Fx 8350
Asrock 970m pro3
8ram
1 fan
Hd monitor 1 mouse 1 keyboard normal

And if this isnt the right psu for me pls tel me what is en pls let it be under 80 euro's

Tnx for helping :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution
I just bought the morherboard new and it suports fx and the motherboard is not hot the only thing thats really hot is my psu and it gives a burning smel some one else told me that i had a cheap psu and thats why it burns because every one else said that de the motherboard is okay for my specs
And i have seen other people with a fx 8350 gtx 1060 6gb and the same motherboard
The PSU is a tier 4 unit on this list:
Really, not very good.

The GTX1060 needs only a decent 450w psu.
You should be OK.

I suspect your problem is a motherboard that is not suitable for a FX-8350 processor.
With a fast graphics card, your processor is running hard to get you a high FPS.
That heats up the VRM modules on the motherboard, causing instability.

The FX platform is dead and I can not recommend spending anything more on it.
I suppose you could work with undervolting the processor until you get stability.
Possibly cutting back on the number of threads from 8 to 6 might do it.

Jun 11, 2019
The PSU is a tier 4 unit on this list:
Really, not very good.

The GTX1060 needs only a decent 450w psu.
You should be OK.

I suspect your problem is a motherboard that is not suitable for a FX-8350 processor.
With a fast graphics card, your processor is running hard to get you a high FPS.
That heats up the VRM modules on the motherboard, causing instability.

The FX platform is dead and I can not recommend spending anything more on it.
I suppose you could work with undervolting the processor until you get stability.
Possibly cutting back on the number of threads from 8 to 6 might do it.
I just bought the morherboard new and it suports fx and the motherboard is not hot the only thing thats really hot is my psu and it gives a burning smel some one else told me that i had a cheap psu and thats why it burns because every one else said that de the motherboard is okay for my specs

Jun 11, 2019
And i have seen other people with a fx 8350 gtx 1060 6gb and the same motherboard

Solution
Then why are you having a problem?
You have the symptom of a heat issue. It is not support of FX by itself, it is the support for FX-8xxx that will overheat motherboard components.

It is most unlikely that the psu would give those symptoms.
And,, the "paper clip" test is worthless.
If it fails, you have a dead psu.
If it runs, there is no guarantee of proper operation.
If you tested by running the psu in a different system, that is ok.

Jun 11, 2019
Then why are you having a problem?
You have the symptom of a heat issue. It is not support of FX by itself, it is the support for FX-8xxx that will overheat motherboard components.

It is most unlikely that the psu would give those symptoms.
And,, the "paper clip" test is worthless.
If it fails, you have a dead psu.
If it runs, there is no guarantee of proper operation.
If you tested by running the psu in a different system, that is ok.
Yeah but every one i saying the reasson why my pc restarts itself after 5min playing a game is because i bought a really cheap psu and that its say its 500wwat but he cant give that constantly

If you really think it is the psu, then the only way you are going to find out is to replace the psu with a known good psu.
GTX1060 is not a high power graphics card.
It is a 120w card and nvidia says to use a 400w psu:

You say you just bought the motherboard.
Perhaps it is the motherboard that is defective.

More likely, you are not cooling it properly.
Here is the cpu support list for your motherboard:
https://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/970M Pro3/#CPU
Note that the FX-8xxx processors are annotated with a red asterisk indicating that added cooling of the motherboard is required.

And... I think you mistakenly made your response the best answer.
No big deal, but others will not bother to comment on a post that has already been answered.