[SOLVED] Is this psu good?

Ahhmmed

BANNED
Mar 30, 2020
I want to replace my thermaltake lite power 650watt as many told me it is bad quality (had no issues with it but its scary to use a bad psu ) so i was thinking of bitfenix whisper or bitfenix formula gold or corsair rmx , which one is better ?
My pc is rtx 2060 + amd ryzen 5 2600

Solution
Could make the ThermalTake as a spare.

If there is a fault with the PSU that would cause it to damage your hardware, who knows if the protections would still work.

Of those i would consider the RMx the best, however the other 2 are pretty good as well and may be cheaper.

I would avoid the formula gold since its non modular, although its pretty well built. The Whisper M is pretty good and semi modular iirc and the RMx is fully.

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
Not saying you shouldn't buy a new psu. The Thermaltake you have isn't very good,but if it held on could it be just a good working unit of them. Don't know how old it is as well. With age this one probably will get worse.
Think it won't "fry" your pc if still working fine. It has some basic safety measures.

The newer psu's will be better for the new parts by how they are build (topology) and how they react on power draw. Look if you have the money would it be good to invest in a new and much better psu.

Could make the ThermalTake as a spare.

If there is a fault with the PSU that would cause it to damage your hardware, who knows if the protections would still work.

Of those i would consider the RMx the best, however the other 2 are pretty good as well and may be cheaper.

I would avoid the formula gold since its non modular, although its pretty well built. The Whisper M is pretty good and semi modular iirc and the RMx is fully.

Solution

Ahhmmed

BANNED
Mar 30, 2020
I want a good psu for about 80 to 100 us dollars , need your suggestions , i was thinking of bitfenix whisper or corsair rm , there is also a seasonic s12ii and it is very cheap , i am puzzled
Edit: i need 650watt psu

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
Where are you located?

Both the Whisper and RM are quality offerings.
The S12II was, in it's day - but it's a dated platform in 2020. It's fine for a budget build, as the best option in it's pricepoint in a lot of regions, but if you can afford $80-$100 (or local equivalent), then there are better, modern options.

Ahhmmed

BANNED
Mar 30, 2020
Where are you located?

Both the Whisper and RM are quality offerings.
The S12II was, in it's day - but it's a dated platform in 2020. It's fine for a budget build, as the best option in it's pricepoint in a lot of regions, but if you can afford $80-$100 (or local equivalent), then there are better, modern options.
I live in egypt , i think i can get the bitfenix one for good price in my country