• Now's your chance win big! Join our community and get entered to win a RTX 2060 GPU, plus more! Join here.

Pi Cast Episode 3 streams live on Tuesday, August 4th at 2:30 pm ET (7:30 PM BST). Watch live right here!

Catch Scharon on the Tom's Hardware Show live on Thursday, August 6th at 2:00 pm ET (7:00 PM BST). Click here!

Question Is this psu worth it? If not, which one should I buy?

mirojasiu

Prominent
Dec 17, 2018
Hello
I recently was going to to a pc build, to wich I need a power supply.
Recently I was looking around, found a really cheap one.
The one I found is Corsair HX850W
Is it worth it? Will it work fine? If not, what's the cheapest power supply I can buy for the cheapest price possible?

Hello
Is it worth it? Will it work fine? If not, what's the cheapest power supply I can buy for the cheapest price possible?
List the parts you intend to use for your build and a recommendation can be made for you.

Jun 1, 2020
Hello
As Archaic59 said, It depends on the parts you intend to use in your build, the more (high-end) parts you use, the more power it will need.

Juular

Upstanding
Mar 14, 2020
It's rather old design and rather old PSU itself, used at that, i would pass if you really can't get smth decent but new for your budget. As were already said, list your PC specs, give some links to stores you're buying from and your budget.

hang-the-9

Titan
Is a corsair cx750 good?
It's good for the price, if it's a newer version with white lettering vs green in the older one it's fine to get. With how PSU prices are now it may be as good as you will get at a reasonable price.

I'm guessing the "cheap" HX model you found is used because the HX series is not cheap. If the one you are looking at looks like this, then it would be a good model to get. The older ones have a different label.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS