Is this RAM a Samsumg B-Die?

Oct 17, 2018
I have a motherboard x470 MSI Gaming Pro and a Ryzen 2700x, I want to buy RAM of low latency and in my country I only find these: NIGHT HAWK Legend RGB CL14-14-14-31 (TF7D416G3200HC14ADC01) but I do not know if they are B -Die.

Solution
Pretty much every module listed here uses Samsung B-die, so if you can click on any of these modules to see the part numbers and find one of them locally, you will be in the game. The problem however is that a lot of high end PC hardware does not typically get stocked in many regions where there is not a lot of turnover.

https://pcpartpicker.com/products/memory/#s=403000,403200,403400,403600&L=0,140&Z=16384002&sort=price&page=1

Edit: PCPP is acting up right now, so that list may not show accurately. Just about any CAS 14 DDR4 module that is 3000mhz or higher is probably using Samsung B-die ICs.
I don't think so. It doesn't look like it. If you want B-die modules, stick to the ones you see listed here:

https://www.overclock.net/forum/18051-memory/1627555-ryzen-memory-ic-collection-thread.html

G.Skill Trident Z and Corsair Dominator are the preferred modules if you want high quality B-die ICs, but not all of the modules in those series are B-die so you have to pay attention to the model number listings.

Edit: Actually, they ARE B-die sticks. If they are 3000mhz or 3200mhz and are 14-14-14 timings, or any CL14 timings on 3000/3200mhz sticks, then they are B-die sticks.

Last edited:
Oct 17, 2018

In this thread some guys bought a RAM T-Force similar models and confirmed that they had Samsung B-Die. I also asked the support service of TEAM and they indicated that they did a test with my setup (they asked me for the model of motherboard and processor ) and they started perfectly at 3200 when installing, I returned the mail asking if they were B-Die, hopefully respond soon.

Thread
https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/threads/memory-price-drop-crazy-pre-order-only-deal-on-tuf-alliance-memory-from-teamgroup.18831937/page-2

TEAM does have a few, and only a few, modules that use Samsung B-die ICs, but as I said I don't see any evidence that those modules use them. Normally, you'll find direct evidence somewhere if a module uses them, because they are highly sought after and desirable for high end builds. In this case, that part number does not bring up any relevant threads or information related to B-die memory chips.

If you are just trying to find memory that will work with your system, then you don't HAVE to have B-die modules. They are simply higher quality and MORE likely to run at their full advertised speed. But other memory works as well and any module on that page I linked to has been user verified to work with Ryzen configurations.

Oct 17, 2018

Yes, you are right, they answered the following:

Dear Customer,
Night Hawk Legend with 3200Mhz may use B-Die or other chips.
We can not approve that it is B-Die.
Thanks for your inquiry.

I want to put together a team with good pieces so I do not have to update it in few years! I want a RAM of low latency because they go so goodwith the Ryzen. I can bought the RAM in amazon and the problem is over but if some come defective the procedure of sending it back to the US and all that would be very complicated, for that reason I wanted to get a good option here in Chile directly.

Pretty much every module listed here uses Samsung B-die, so if you can click on any of these modules to see the part numbers and find one of them locally, you will be in the game. The problem however is that a lot of high end PC hardware does not typically get stocked in many regions where there is not a lot of turnover.

https://pcpartpicker.com/products/memory/#s=403000,403200,403400,403600&L=0,140&Z=16384002&sort=price&page=1

Edit: PCPP is acting up right now, so that list may not show accurately. Just about any CAS 14 DDR4 module that is 3000mhz or higher is probably using Samsung B-die ICs.

Solution
Oct 17, 2018

Thanks for the answers darkbreeze, finally i bought the RAM Team Dark Pro 16GB CL14, I bought them in Amazon and I seend it to my country, I'll take the risk.