Is this ram compatible with my pc?

heggenator

Prominent
Jan 10, 2018
My pc is currently one of the newer HP pavilion powers and I’m looking to upgrade my ram. The ram I’m looking at is the CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 8GB and I’m wondering if it will be compatible. Thanks!

PC4-17000, and PC4-19200 is quite low information on compatibility stuff. Basically saying any 2133 or 2400 ram will work.
Not necessarily a blocker, but a problem. Best case for you will be trying out sticks, return if not matching.
Try to get one of those:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XNRRK15/ref=twister_B073QRZLB4?_encoding=UTF8&th=1
In my experience they work where others failed.
Best would be to call some local store and try few sticks they have until it works. This may not be easy online.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
According to the page I linked earlier, you're already got the faster of the two(PC4-19200, which is ddr4 2400) - in bold PAVILION POWER CHASSIS ONLY, and there aren't any other possible upgrades.

IF someone can correct me on this, by all means.

there are 2 more options of upgrade.
Timings (lower the better) -> very low gains under 5%
Cappacity (obvious more the better)
so you can install up to 32 GB of ram instead of 8. System will be faster due to free ram used as cache.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Negative.
Back to the page I linked:
*supports 4 and 8gb udimms
*up to 4gb on 32 bit systems
*up to 16gb on 64 bit
Where are you getting 32 from?
OP already has the max supported ram speed in their PC(2400), and with the cost of ram right now, there is no logical upgrade(8gb to 16) available. 2 8gb sticks is stupid expensive right now.

Those descriptions are written with CURRENT ram sticks available. It was written when there was no 16GB sticks on market.
basically you have 2 sticks and highest existing is 8GB -> so max is 16.
but now we have 16 GB sticks x2 = 32 GB
and yeah if you don't need more ram, no reason for you to upgrade.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador

It MIGHT work. Mixing ram kits can cause stability issues. Honestly, it's a coin toss. If it works, great. If not... $$$ wasted.
Better/safer to go with a brand new kit, but pricing is bonkers right now. If you feel a new 16gb kit is too expensive, save up until you can afford it... maybe the price will have gone down from now, too.