Question Is this ram fine with my ryzen 5 1600?

Apr 7, 2019
I just recently purchased this ram and it is still shipping: PNY Anarchy 16GB kit - 2x 8GB DDR4 3200 PC4-25600 https://www.ebay.com/itm/283405008513

My motherboard is a B350m bazooka.

Unfortunately I am just now learning that early ryzen chips have some compatibility problems with some ram. Should I be concerned about the ram not working? If it arrives and doesn't work properly are there certain things I can do to it to make it function?

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
The RAM will work. But when you finish the build, you may want to update the BIOS to the latest version if you have issues when you OC the RAM if you're using a 1st gen Ryzen. The newer BIOSs have improved AGESA code. You may be limited to 2966MHz for stability, but unlikely.

Apr 7, 2019
The RAM will work. But when you finish the build, you may want to update the BIOS to the latest version if you have issues when you OC the RAM if you're using a 1st gen Ryzen. The newer BIOSs have improved AGESA code. You may be limited to 2966MHz for stability, but unlikely.
Thanks! Im just upgrading ram so i already have latest bios. I heard I might need to enable XIM in my bios to get the full 3200 MHz. Is this true? Or can i just install the ram in my pc and it will run fine?

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
Are you referring to XMP? Or AXMP, as it is called on AMD systems? If so, that is the quickest way to get to use the full speed of the memory, yes. Enable it and pick a profile. I'm on an older B350 board and Ryzen 1600X right now. My Corsair Vengeance LPX is using the profile provided on the Asus TUF board and it works nice.

Apr 7, 2019
Are you referring to XMP? Or AXMP, as it is called on AMD systems? If so, that is the quickest way to get to use the full speed of the memory, yes. Enable it and pick a profile. I'm on an older B350 board and Ryzen 1600X right now. My Corsair Vengeance LPX is using the profile provided on the Asus TUF board and it works nice.
Ya, I meant XMP. Thanks for the help man.