[SOLVED] Is this ram from amazon good?

Solution
The point is that ram sold in kits be it twins, threes, fours or eight are binned and tested together for 100% assurance they'll work between them. Same brand/ model from another pack/set or single may or may not work so i couldn't say if spending an extra 30$ would prevent trouble. There's a chance mixing the same brand of ram doesn't work and somehow a stick of Corsair does. Won't know until you try.

Keeping to the same specs, voltage, capacity, timings, speed and chip arrangements (ss or ds) can improve chances.

What pc is the ram for, desktop or laptop? Laptops nowadays have a stick soldered which can't be changed.
Jul 14, 2019
I have a single stick atm of ddr4 ram from T-Force team vulcan clocked at 2400mhz.

I just dont know if it will will work with it if you know someone who does can you ask them to reply to this thread :D

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Having someone with the exact motherboard & bios version + same ram combination and If the ram were manufactured at the same time period as materials can change over time then good luck with a reply with confidence.

Try it. If it don't work then return the ram. Next time buy ram in pairs for better peace of mind. Mixing ram can work though, just there's a risk the two odd sticks might have conniptions.

Jul 14, 2019
Having someone with the exact motherboard & bios version + same ram combination and If the ram were manufactured at the same time period as materials can change over time then good luck with a reply with confidence.

Try it. If it don't work then return the ram. Next time buy ram in pairs for better peace of mind. Mixing ram can work though, just there's a risk the two odd sticks might have conniptions.
so should i just drop an extra 30$ on another stick of the same ram so t-force vulcan
https://www.mwave.com.au/product/te...m_medium=retargeting&utm_campaign=lowerfunnel

boju

Titan
Ambassador
The point is that ram sold in kits be it twins, threes, fours or eight are binned and tested together for 100% assurance they'll work between them. Same brand/ model from another pack/set or single may or may not work so i couldn't say if spending an extra 30$ would prevent trouble. There's a chance mixing the same brand of ram doesn't work and somehow a stick of Corsair does. Won't know until you try.

Keeping to the same specs, voltage, capacity, timings, speed and chip arrangements (ss or ds) can improve chances.

What pc is the ram for, desktop or laptop? Laptops nowadays have a stick soldered which can't be changed.

Last edited:
Solution