Is this ram model compatible with this CPU and Mobo?

OGSnow

Reputable
Mar 24, 2016
Hi

I've finally found a proper quad channel kit in my country, a 4x16 module from G.Skill and wanted to know if it would work with an i7 6950X and a x99 Deluxe II

I asked cuz, on that ram model's QVL list on G.Skill's website, the x99 Deluxe II is listed > (F4-2400C15Q-64GTZR)
However, on ASUS' mobo page, that ram model is not listed. Almost all G.Skill models there are GTZX and others and of lower capacity.. I don't think i saw a single GTZR..

There's actually only one available in stock so i really wanna get it but wonder if there'll be problems since its not listed in the mobo list as compatible ram...

This kit is mighty expensive so buying it and having compatibility issues would just crush me to no end..

Thanks

Solution
I asked cuz, on that ram model's QVL list on G.Skill's website, the x99 Deluxe II is listed > (F4-2400C15Q-64GTZR)
As long as the gskill site does list they are compatible, you are fine. We will trust in the gskill site, and asus site does not list the RAM because they can't test all the RAM, then list them in QVL list.
As long as the gskill site does list they are compatible, you are fine. We will trust in the gskill site, and asus site does not list the RAM because they can't test all the RAM, then list them in QVL list.

Solution

OGSnow

Reputable
Mar 24, 2016

I think it does.. In the page of the F4-2400C15Q-64GTZR says this:

qvl1.jpg

qvl.jpg

So i'm good then? That's enough?