[SOLVED] Is this Resource Monitor activity normal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 14, 2020
I'm currently updating a game via Steam and it's taking forever, so I checked Resource Monitor to see what was up. When I got there, I noticed the "Highest Active Time" blue indicator runs at a pattern: it stays at 100% for a little while, then drops to 0% and immediately spikes back up to 100%. I don't know what that indicator should be at usually, as I've really never paid much attention to it. I just wanted to come here and ask if this is normal or not.. I assume it is, given the fact that this update appears to be moving a lot of the game data (it's infuriating when games do that) but still, I just wanted to be sure that it's normal.

I'm running Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit and my C drive is a 2TB 7200rpm Toshiba drive with around 200GB free at all times. It's relatively old and it wouldn't surprise me if it were going bad but I'm hoping it's not. I run regular backups but I'd prefer to not have to buy a new drive and go through the process of reinstalling everything again so I'm hoping for good news.

Thanks in advance for any replies! Screenshot of the Resource Monitor readings for the C drive for reference:

5znJX7s.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS