Is this rig okay?

borge_009

Honorable
Feb 22, 2012
I am planning to upgrade my unit for career purposes..... I am currently using applications like 3dsmax, After Effects, Zbrush and other tools for creating and rendering 3d animation.

Here is the current specs that I am using:

Intel Core i3 530
DH55TC
4GB RAM
Nvidia GeForce 9800 GT Green 1GB

and planning to upgrade with this build

Intel i7 2600k
Asus P8Z68-M Pro
16gb RAM
Asus GTX 560 1gb

Do I need to change my current power supply which is Thermaltake 500W power supply for this new build?

I don't know about computer hardwares so I do not know whether these parts are the right one.

Thank You.......

borge_009

Honorable
Feb 22, 2012

I am using it for almost 2 years. Sometimes I get problems when rendering 3d's, Its kinda laggy when I render and also when I use 3dsmax, when I get to many polygons when modelling, rotating the viewports kinga lags........

thanks. I am planning to buy Silverstone Strider 750w Modular Power Supply. Is this psu okay?

borge_009

Honorable
Feb 22, 2012
thanks....

Regarding about this build, I have read some articles that when rendering like 3d animation, cpu is more an issue. Is this true? Can I just stick on my old GPU and spend the rest on the case? Does that build still okay?

well the 2600k has hyperthreading so good for rendering

i dont do that kind of stuff so not sure but some of the software used for it may well use gpu acceleration

if so then at least a 560ti would be my recommendation --or equivalent from amd

as gpu rendering should be much faster than cpu rendering

didnt films like avatar use gpu for their animation as it was much much faster?