[SOLVED] Is this Router capable of 600 Mbps download speeds?

Blackink

Distinguished
Comcast just increased my internet speeds from 300Mbps to 600Mbps. I need a new modem and I'm getting a Netgear CM1000.

My question is will my TP Link AC1750 router handle those new speeds? I see it's capable of "Simultaneous 2.4GHz 450 Mbps and 5GHz 1300 Mbps connections for 1.75Gbps of total available bandwidth", but I'm more concerned about the part where it states: 2.4GHz 450Mbps.
Is the 2.4GHz for wireless? I will be connected vie an Ethernet cable CAT6 from my router the the PC. My wife uses wireless but I don't.

Here is a link to the router I'm questioning: TP Link AC1750

Thanks for helping me clarify this concern.

Last edited:
Solution
if you're on ethernet then it'll be fine. should be a GB speed connection (assuming your mobo port is GB)

the 2.4 ghz is wireless and is the older version before 5 ghz came out. it goes longer ranges but is a lot slower. but not an issue if you are on ethernet

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
if you're on ethernet then it'll be fine. should be a GB speed connection (assuming your mobo port is GB)

the 2.4 ghz is wireless and is the older version before 5 ghz came out. it goes longer ranges but is a lot slower. but not an issue if you are on ethernet

Solution

Blackink

Distinguished

OK. Thanks for the help. I didn't add that the TP Link was a router (I did edit it just now though) but you guys figured that out!!