Question Is This Safe For an AMD Ryzen 7 5700G

I am using a Ryzen 7 5700G. I am using an older AMD Wraith Cooler. Is 72 degrees CPU temp safe or not for gaming and 37 degrees idle?
Just FYI... that processor's rated Tjmax is 95C. Also it has a 65W TDP so it's not particularly heavy hitting thermally speaking. But then neither is a Wraith cooler depending on the particular model...the Wrathe Prism would be pretty good if that happens to be the one.

DeathHadArrived

Reputable
Aug 8, 2019
Just FYI... that processor's rated Tjmax is 95C. Also it has a 65W TDP so it's not particularly heavy hitting thermally speaking. But then neither is a Wraith cooler depending on the particular model...the Wrathe Prism would be pretty good if that happens to be the one.
I had a Ryzen 7 1700 with a same tdp of 65 watts and achieved under 58 degrees Fahrenheit. Is something wrong?

I had a Ryzen 7 1700 with a same tdp of 65 watts and achieved under 58 degrees Fahrenheit. Is something wrong?
Not at all.

1st gen CPU's weren't really all that heavily stressed when left in stock settings. The boost algorithm, especially of 1700's, was very mild and didn't push hard. I had one too and in stock it was anemic hanging around 3.4-3.5Ghz during a video encode. But if I overclocked all cores to fixed 3.9Ghz it would push up to 95C with a heavy workload (video rendering) even under a 240mm AIO.

But later generation Ryzen have smaller geometry and very aggressive boost algorithms that are mindful of temperature limits. These aggressive algorithms have made manual overclocking largely unnecessary since you get just as much performance uplift by simply using better cooling.

Last edited: